LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car is wrecked! Lucky to be alive!

Old 05-16-2009, 09:18 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Car is wrecked! Lucky to be alive!

Long story so bare with me.

Went to the track last night to do some final tuning and see what the car can do in preparation for the LTX Shootout. Everything was going smooth for the first two runs. The first run I set the controller to hit 30% out of the hole and ramp up to 100% in 3.3 seconds. It almost put the car on the rear bumper (5 ft wheelie) so I let off and coasted! So.....we had to tighten up the front and I then took some power away on the initial hit for the 2nd run. On that run it stayed down better and pulled a modest 1.40 60ft. Pulled it to about the 330 mark and let off. Was a 6.44 @ 68mph in the 1/8 (letting off). Pulled plugs and read datalogs on that run looked ok but really rich. Made some adjustments to lean it out and lined back up for the 3rd run. I was making solo runs btw. The third run was the kicker and you guys are not going to believe this.

I do my burn out and pull up to the staging lights. The track starter lines me up for a solo run and tells the big giant 4x4 diesel truck in the lane next to me to hold off. So the truck is in the end of the burnout box waiting and the track starter with his foot stages the other guys lights so I can run a solo. So he turns on the lights with his foot and with hand motions tells the truck in the burnout box to wait. I stage my lights knowing I will be running solo by myself again. Turns green and I am off down the track. I pull it to the 330 again and kill the engine and coast (so we can read plugs again). I am coasting and coasting........get past the finish line and still coasting. This track has 3 gates you can turn into to get off the track and onto the return road. I take the first one. As I turn left ( I am in the right lane btw) the diesel truck plows into the front of my car! Was supposed to be a SOLO RUN! Truck was not supposed to be going down the track! If I would have turned a split second early it would have possibly taken my life. He was going at least 80 mph with a 8,000 lb 4x4 diesel truck. ******* Hillbilly Redneck MFing idiot! So I get out and stop him on the return road screaming at him "WFT are you doing this was a solo run! Where the FK did you come from?" He says " I thought I was supposed to go." I was about to beat the living shiat out of this guy and the track official pulled up and was accessing the situation. The track official and starter told the guy in the truck he was wrong and was not suppost to run. The starter told me that the truck a couple of seconds after I launched took off from about 6-8 feet behind the starting line! He was not even fking staged to run! So here they are telling the guy he was wrong and its his fault for running on another persons solo run and without even being staged. I am yelling at him telling him to pay for the damages and he says "I aint paying for nothing............I thought I was supposed to run". So he left the track and here I am with a wrecked car that a few minutes before that was mint.

The track manager and track starter told me they would back me up if I took him to court. Sean got his license plate number will be contacing an attorney.

It could have been worse and I am thanking the Lord for watching over me. Like I said if I would have turned a split second earlier he would have hit my door and possible taken my life at that speed.

For the car I will still attempt to get it fixed in time for the shootout. It will cost me time and lots of money but I will attempt.

As for the driver of the truck.............you will get yours buddy I promise! Fcking stupid **** idiot redneck hillbilly!

Here is the damage. Trust me it is worse than the pic shows. It bent the front frame rails, took out the hood, LH fender, bumper cover, headlights, headlight panel, all brackets....plus more.

Thank you all!

Sorry for the rant!

Last edited by Tony Shepherd; 05-16-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh man... that is just an absolute Greek tragedy. Thankfully you're alright. Someone was watching over you.

Definitely pursue him in court.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man cheer up it really dont look that bad...and what a f-ing moron i would have killed him...anything bent?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy **** man! im glad to hear your still alive after the encounter! like you said that truck could of killed you! im really sorry about the car i love the look of your car and now some hillbilly piece of **** fucked up alot by the sounds of it. is the engine and everything else ok at least ?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow man. Thank god you're okay! I don't like driving my car on the street because of all the morons, it sucks to think you have to worry about them at the track too! I don't know how you held back from killing that guy, especially after the "I'm not paying for ****" line. I would have been flying off the handle.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

I would have beat his *** if he got out of his ***** enlarging truck.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

I seriously would have killed the guy right there, you have more will power than me because I wouldn't be able to hold back.

Ya know, that kinda scares me because on Test and Tune nights there are a bunch of idiots out there than don't know the first thing about racing on a track.

Hopefully he will get his, Karma's a bitch.

Good luck to ya man, glad your alright.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:40 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow....Tony, that is unfortunate, but I'm glad that you are ok man. It's unreal that the other guy was not paying any attention to the track official. I really hope he does have to cover the damage.

Really though, between you being 100% ok and the car being totally fixable.....GOD was definitely watching over you!

I'd be happy to send you some donation-funds to get your car ready for the shootout if it's possible

Jason
Old 05-16-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

holy ****! what a dumb *** jerk off! it could of been allot worse for you and your car tho, glad your alright and the car's not a total loss. def take the guy to court, do you like diesels?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd

Here is the damage. Trust me it is worse than the pic shows. It bent the front frame rails, took out the hood, LH fender, bumper cover, headlights, headlight panel, all brackets....plus more.

I will be accepting donations to help fix it! LOL! fast93z@gmail.com

Thank you all!

Sorry for the rant!
/looking for pic of truck driver that should look like the left front of a certain camaro
Old 05-16-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

I think posting his name number and address. I can think of at least a few hundred reasons to make this guys day a living hell.

But on the other hand... Why is it I have to take a driving test etc for driving on the street. But go to the track and there is no test. I understand most of us have an idea what to do etc. But for the people that dont this is kind of the wrong way to find out.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:51 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad you're ok man. if you were closer, i have a headlight panel and front bumper cover i would give you but with how much it would cost to ship you could probably just buy the stuff local cheaper. good luck getting it straightened out before the shootout.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Banned

Damn Tony! Hell man I would have probably fed that guy a fist or two,, not that he would have had any teeth to knock out anyways Sorry to hear about the mishap bro. At least you are still able to climb back in again and rally that thing once it's back on the road. G/L on the repairs!

Elliott
Old 05-16-2009, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

that is sheer stupidity. Almost happened to a buddy of mine last weekend at the track, the other guy was supposed to race, but he never let off at the end. My friend was way way ahead and turned into the turn off and here comes the other guy at 100mph, locked up all 4 and barley missed him.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to see this happen, makes me sick looking at the pics and its not even my car. Hope he mans up and pays for it.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:19 AM
11 Second Club

That's insane!! Sorry about your car, but glad your okay.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Hill Billy probably does not have the money.... hate to say it but I have been owed 1000.00 by another dumb redneck for 6 months now even court does not scare them they just sit on their *** doing nothing.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Didn't you sign a waver when you entered the track saying whatever happens here, happens?

I doubt you can legally do anything. Not a lawyer but when we go to our local track we sign our lives away just to get in the gates. If we die there, not their fault.

Sucks none the less, but if he has a newer diesel truck, chances are he has money.... those things ain't cheap.

Just another reason to "Expect the unexpected"
Old 05-16-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

the waver states that its not the tracks fault. the fact that the guy didnt follow instructions and hit him is the guys fault but the track will not take any responsibilty
Old 05-16-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by b.lee
Didn't you sign a waver when you entered the track saying whatever happens here, happens?

I doubt you can legally do anything. Not a lawyer but when we go to our local track we sign our lives away just to get in the gates. If we die there, not their fault.

Sucks none the less, but if he has a newer diesel truck, chances are he has money.... those things ain't cheap.

Just another reason to "Expect the unexpected"
yeah but if there is negligence then you can do something about it even if you sign waivers. its happened to our ski resort down the road...even though the back of the tickets say you assume all risks they can still be sued. the track cant be sued but that guy definitely can

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car is wrecked! Lucky to be alive!