12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

Just Need Some Feedback !

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Need Some Feedback !

This is my first post so im hoping i am in the right area. So heres the deal i have a 2002 a4 Vette LS1. [ blackwing intake, LG Longtube Headers, Unknown Cam, Billy Boat Full Exhaust ] I attend the track quite a lot to spectate but the other day i decided to put my car in the 1/4 mile. My first run ever i did not to bad at least i think. I did do a bad launch but managed to run 12.9 I went back again ran 13.0 and 12.8 both with a lame launch. I know i have to work on it for next time but im just curious to what i should be running, and what do auto C5's usually run on the track. Im planning to change my rear gears from 2.73 to 3.43 any idea how much that would help the 1/4 time? IS it worth the price because they are pretty expensive with labor and all. Thanks !!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bolt on cammed c5 should be able to get into the 11's without too much effort. More info would help us dissect where your issues lie especially 60 foot time and trap speed.

The best bang for the buck mod you can do to your car would be a convertor over gears although your gear swap will make the car quicker and will feel a lot quicker , stall can knock off well over 1/2 second gears usually a couple tenths.

However you slice it you broke the seal and got out there and hey you started out in the 12's so those are all good things , get us more info and you will get a ton of help and good suggestions on here.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response! So when i ran 12.8 my trap speed was 108.94 and 60' was 2.072 I just checked under my car to double check that i have 2.73 gears and not the performance 3.15 Im willing to do the gear change to 3.43 ive been reading a lot of positive outcomes on the switch on the rear. Im also willing to do the stall converter depending on the price not really sure what they go for, id be happy with low twelves or even better high 11's after all.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replied to your pm , but good that you posted your 60 foot and trap in here so others can chime in and you can get a concensus on how to proceed , da or at least adding your location would help everyone know what type of weather your typically up against , favorable weather /altitude are huge.

a spare pair of wheels with drag radials would be the first place to spend $$ in my opinion , they don't have to be new or shiny unless you have money to spend... many a nice car has black painted/plasti dipped wheels on the back at the track. Reason I say start with tires is convertor or gears are going to multiply your traction issues so your trap speed may improve but your et may not if your spinning the same amount ( or more) tires alone should give a good gain and will add a level of consistency you just cant get on street tires.

Quick Reply: Just Need Some Feedback !