Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Racelogic TC on 58x LS2

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Racelogic TC on 58x LS2

I'm installing a 2006 LS2 with a Speartech harness and standard GM engine controller. I would like a TC system to work and have looked at Racelogic. The Racelogic will cut fuel injection (100% per injector) to avoid exessiv wheelspin. I'm a bit conserned how the engine controller will react to this. I suppose it will recognice both the missed ignitions (no fuel present) and a lot of oxygen in the exhaust. Any ideas how it will react to this? Pert
Old 04-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Teching In

So this was a difficult one.. Any idea who I can ask?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've tried to get any info here about RLTC and no go, they'll just tell you it's too expensive and it's better to put on bigger tires for that kinda of cash. wrong market niche man
PM me if you wanna talk more about this
Old 04-23-2007, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Thanks RedHardSupra. My biggest consern is how the GM controller will react upon beeing manipulated..
Old 04-23-2007, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

it depends how you'll set it up, is it going to be a fuel cut or spark cut.
spark cut would probably show as a misfire, so given enough of these showing up due to TC activating often enough, would that set any codes? anybody?
fuel cut would just show up as a lean condition, a misfire, or both. so i wouldn't tune with it, as it wil throw your AFR readings completely in cells where it would activate.

either way, it's going to show up as a diminished amount of cylinder airmass, which is correct, as less airmass is going to produce less power, which is the goal of the RLTC. the bad part is that less airmass might command more spark, as typically the spark tables are set up to ease up on spark as airmass increases, and go higher as it decreases. so it might be commanding more spark as you're artifically cutting it out at the same time. that might be problematic.

mine's been sitting on the floor for quite a while now, first piece i bought for the car, last one to go on probably. still haven't gotten any logs with it. you got it working yet? are you getting it to work with 3 or 4 channel abs?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

I've seen alot of high doller gto forum guys do it but no one on here...
Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Not bought yet. Are in the process of installing the engine. My plan was a 3 channel sensor system with fuel cut. I clearly see the effect of pumping air into the exhaust.
I think both fuel or spark cut will be seen as a misfire, the effect on the lambdas will be equal (lean!!!) but fuel cut will avoid fuel burning in the cats and exhaust system.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

How much does the system run in USD, ive looked at it in the past and wasnt able to find that bit of info.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

Any info on this? Wondering if someone can point to a Racelogic system that's been successfully installed on an LS1? Something streetable?

Thanks,

-ch
Old 11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any news here?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Teching In

I'll be finishing my Race Logic TC installation soon but the weather here in Chicago will force me to wait until Spiring to test it.
I made a jumper harness so I did not have to cut my injector harness to integrate it. I'll post my results when I can...

Here's a couple of pics.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why did you choose this? What's the reason why you need it?
Old 12-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Teching In

The race logic manual will tell you to set the number of cylinders to the value that will give you the correct rpm reading. I.e. if the race logic box reads 1600rpm, while the engine is actually at 800 rpm, race logic suggests to set the race logic software to four cylinder mode.
Warning: The manual is wrong. You need to run the race logic box in eight cylinder mode, otherwise injectors 5-8 may not always fire. If the rpm readings are wrong, you need to change the rpm signal in the pcm.

Good luck with it, Till
Old 12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd like to see a detailed install of this. I'm interested in it from a road race perspective.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey guys its a common install here in the UK on GTO's and Holdens etc.
You can see if Roger at Monkfish performance in the UK will give you the answers you are after. Or Paul from wortec.co.uk
I wont post links because they arnt sponsors, but you will search them out on google easy.
I had it installed in my 2000 LS1 R8 Holden with 480fwhp worked fine, but I left it turned off. It was fitted to all new imports at the time.
It also fitted to supercharged LS1 and LS2 apps here and the guys love them, the latest ones are variable, so you just dial in the amount of slip you want.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you want to know? We ran it from 05-07 before we swapped to the Bosch 4.0.

It cuts injectors, actually. Works real nice for big slippage, however, you cut 12.5% of the power when you kill an injector like that, so for the smaller slips which only require 3-8% power reduction, it cannot get down to that simply due to its design.

With the RaceLogic, we got the car down to consistent 1.9-2.0 60's on whats basically a street tire and a tiny road race clutch.

FWIW, with the bosch, we reduced that again to 1.6 60s, and believe it or not, 1.9-2.0 in the wet

Its a pretty strait forward install with the GM wheel bearings, however there are some ins and outs with it, feedback, and shielding issues.

Other than that, its a great unit for what you get
Old 12-03-2007, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by C6Dude
I'll be finishing my Race Logic TC installation soon but the weather here in Chicago will force me to wait until Spiring to test it.
I made a jumper harness so I did not have to cut my injector harness to integrate it. I'll post my results when I can...

Here's a couple of pics.

Sorry to be off topic but the vid of that shop C6 is just insane. I think thats my new favorite vette. Where can I get more specific info about the build up?

Edit: Never mind I found the info I was looking for.. That car is just plain INSANE!!!! you are my hero

Quick Reply: Racelogic TC on 58x LS2