Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Another SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another SS

I have only had the car for 3 months now have not done much other then drive it but here it is:

Thought for mods? obvously wheels are at teh top of the list not sure if I should go black or chrome
Old 01-22-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

cant go wrong with a black SS. but, it looks like its time to get started with some appearance mods.

Originally Posted by sandrider123
Thought for mods? obvously wheels are at teh top of the list not sure if I should go black or chrome
1. whistler mod. will give the front a much better look on its own, and costs nothing but a few dollars for the spray paint and sealer. and can be completed in a couple hours: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/224386/2 - whistlers look much better than stock and better than the halos as well. atleast to me

2. i'd black out the parking lights. gives it a nice sleek look. i did mine a while ago and like it much better than the clear corners (in my sig). either way though, clear or black, i think both look better than the ambers.

3. removing the license plate and stock grille is a must. it'll look much better without, even without adding a new grille, cheap (free), and effective. if you want to spend a little, pick up another grill. the SLP grill looks great, and also some of the other billit ones look good as well.

4. clean the fog light lenses, they're filthy.

5. maybe some rear camaro letter inserts. stainless steel's always a good choice. and black will look good as well, it has a cleaner look than the plain sunken in letters.

6. tints all the way around. for the t-tops, either paint them black (i've done this for both cars, and i love it. completely keeps the sun out and darkens the interior), or get some shades

7. shorty antenna: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHORT...Q5fAccessories -this is what i bought. i did 17", you can do any custom size 8 -31", and it has no negative affect on reception. gotta get rid of the monster stocker.

8. smooth look covers. they look really good on black cars. i love mine: http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/smoothlocks.html

9. paint the calipers. adds a nice touch

those are all of the very cheap, inexpensive, yet very nice looking appearance mods i can think of right now.

10. some new rims. wider out back

Last edited by crimson_bird; 01-22-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Clear corners, SLP Grille, Different wheels, lower it a tiny bit. Sexy car.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

all of the above ^^^^ lol looks good..cant go wrong with stock though
Old 01-22-2010, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

id say you just need a tasteful drop and some 315's out back. lookin clean!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice clean canvas. Have fun with it... Enjoy And do the mods YOU want
Old 01-22-2010, 02:38 AM
12 Second Club

I have a soft spot for a black SS. Your's looks clean. Lower it down a bit and get some nice rims you'll be set.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

6. tints all the way around. for the t-tops, either paint them black (i've done this for both cars, and i love it. completely keeps the sun out and darkens the interior), or get some shades
You've actually painted your t-tops? Are you serious? Don't be cheap and ghetto...if you want to do anything to them...buy the shades that are supposed to go on them.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

THanks for all responses everyone. Actually when I tint the windows I will do the t-tops in probably like a 2%. I am planning on doing the rear lettering soon. I wish I could remove the front plate but do to oregon law I can not do that. And when I bought it I told myself I would not do to much to it just because I have the 79 that I am working on that s going to be a complete custom job and my toy. But I will look at some of that stuff for sure.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Veteran

i tried to just list some basics. those could all be done in 2 days for practically no money at all.

I got a similar project going too, im restoring a '78 Z. my moms old car. trying to get it back to looking as good as when she got it new. well, actually a lot better than when she got it.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
i tried to just list some basics. those could all be done in 2 days for practically no money at all.

I got a similar project going too, im restoring a '78 Z. my moms old car. trying to get it back to looking as good as when she got it new. well, actually a lot better than when she got it.
There's no need to get butt hurt about my statement. It is ghetto when you paint your t-tops when you could TINT them or figure out how to use the shades the right way. I don't even use velcrow on my car. I can slide the shades in between the t-tops and the headliner and it holds in place just fine. You have fun with your "tinted" t-tops and try not to scratch the paint off...wouldn't want any sunlight coming in on ya!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

wow simmer down guys we all have our own way of doing stuff and thankfully custom is just that its custom no one person does it the same. On a more chill note I got my lettering ordered SWEET!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:05 AM

Default Don't Get So Butt Hurt Crimson

What's the point of having t-tops if you can't see out of them? That's what's badass about t-tops is being able to see out of the top of the car. Painting them black is retarded if you ask me. If you want it dark buy a hardtop car and don't ****** rig your t-top car by painting them.

sandrider123-nice looking SS.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

paint ur wheels black some halos and smoke the corner lights
Old 01-23-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by My Slow Camaro
What's the point of having t-tops if you can't see out of them? That's what's badass about t-tops is being able to see out of the top of the car. Painting them black is retarded if you ask me. If you want it dark buy a hardtop car and don't ****** rig your t-top car by painting them.
i like t-tops because they can be removed, not because i can see out of them. if i want to see the sky, i look out of the windows. what the hell do you need to see the sky for while you're driving? t-tops are nice, but targs'a better, which is why i'll be getting that and losing the t-tops.

"****** rig your t-top car by painting them" -from the south are we???
Old 01-23-2010, 02:07 AM
On The Tree

Thank you Crimson for explaining how tint works...I never knew up until now! I did and am offering this guy some good advice...don't be cheap. You can't get anymore blacked out than using the shades...seems like you're just lazy. Sandrider123...it's your car and you do what you want to do with it, but if you paint your tops...at least put some clear on it so it's easier to clean. Haha!
Old 01-23-2010, 02:57 AM
TECH Veteran

^he already said he's tinting them. maybe if you came here to actually offer help you would have read HIS posts to see what HE is saying, and known that. instead you are coming back just to see what I said so you can continue to go back and forth. grow up, seriously.

I am going to delete my posts directed towards you because all this is doing is taking away from his thread. and thats unnecessary. so lets just agree to disagree.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 01-23-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Lettering inserts came in today and they are already on:

Thanks to emblempros.com can not say enough, shipping was fast I saw them today and was like "F*** that was fast!"

Thanks again guys
Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

It already looks much better with the emblems in there! Congrats on the new car. Having a new car is a lot of fun. All of the mods that you have in mind can make you go crazy. Nice car. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Ooooh, I got one. Instead of wasting money on tinting your windows...why don't you save some money and paint them all black. You can just add more layers on the back window to make it darker than the side windows. Crimson told me about that cool mod!

Quick Reply: Another SS