Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wrapping Interior Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wrapping Interior Parts

Hey guys Im in the proccess of redoing the interior and wrapping a bunch of panels, I just dont want to use too much black and having it look boring causes its all the same color so I was thinking about doing the A pillars and the headliner in a darker silver suede along with the inserts for the Firebird panels I have.

How do you guys think it would look?

So far plans are wrapp everything in black leather.
Hydrodipped brushed aluminum for accents on speaker covers, HVAC and Headlight know, vents in a pillars and possible the doorhandle bezel and window switch plate.

Any comments are suggestions, I have all my swatched here I'm just having problems visualizing everything.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would look good but some color pics might help
Old 04-23-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Dont blend to much, make it tasteful and you will succeed-Less is more.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by vikingramair
Dont blend to much, make it tasteful and you will succeed-Less is more.
Bingo

Watch the random splashes of contrast to with the hydrodipping . Alot will disagree with me , but the alot of the shapes used in the f-car interiors, imo, just dont lend themselves well to contrast . Alot of the interior are so rounded , it just makes it stick out like a sore thumb .

On a f-car , if your doing something like this ...I think its much better served just making the textures look better by choosing a high quality vinyl or leather with an attractive grain mattern and matte finish . And then use a smooth grained vinyl/leather for bezels for contrast . Update the headliner with the flat knit style they use in the newer cars and follow the latest trend by wrapping the a-pillar trims in the same material .

You can really make a sweet , upscale looking f-car interior as long as you realize it is what is and dont try to make it something its not . Just an example , an 05 mustang looks really good with all the aluminum and chrome contrasts everywhere because the core design of the dash , door panels and center console lend itself well to accents like that . In a 97-02 f-car interior when u try to apply those same concepts , it looks forced and out of place .

JMO though, like I said , plenty will disagree with me .

Last edited by LT4vert; 04-23-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Wrapping Interior Parts