Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

console question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default console question

edit new question, so figured out imma need a new shifter boot and the ring to hold it
its an 01 console.
any good places to find that?

Last edited by mikehaase1norse; 05-28-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

edited the first post any help would be nice
Old 05-28-2010, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with one of these, they fit pretty good and don't need to worry about it breaking again. If you loose the auction you can also get them from redline (sponsor on here) as the same guy makes em for them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...Q5fAccessories
Old 05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is anyone else console loose near the top portion of it. I'm talking about the piece that has the hole for the shifter (not the base piece that actually screws on to the sides of the lower dash)

Right near the shifter plaque I can move that part about a quarter inch left to right and I am certain I tightened everything down.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DAVE00
Go with one of these, they fit pretty good and don't need to worry about it breaking again. If you loose the auction you can also get them from redline (sponsor on here) as the same guy makes em for them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...Q5fAccessories
THANK YOU! im high bid on that now, any good links as to where to find a good oem or even a nice aftermarket one?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker
Is anyone else console loose near the top portion of it. I'm talking about the piece that has the hole for the shifter (not the base piece that actually screws on to the sides of the lower dash)

Right near the shifter plaque I can move that part about a quarter inch left to right and I am certain I tightened everything down.
Probably have a broken tab near the cup holder. You are talking about the "Upper Console" as they call it. It pulls off from the lower console and is not held on by any screws. Look for a used on on ebay or the forsale section here if you have some broken tabs. This is pretty common as with age the numerous amount of plastic pieces in our cars will break. Good luck.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikehaase1norse
THANK YOU! im high bid on that now, any good links as to where to find a good oem or even a nice aftermarket one?
Here is the sponsor I was talking about, if you want you can order one from them as well:

http://www.redlinegoods.com/order.shtm
Old 05-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

Here is the sponsor I was talking about, if you want you can order one from them as well:

http://www.redlinegoods.com/order.shtm
saw this in the other thread i started on that subject, once again thanks for the info help and the link
Old 05-29-2010, 03:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also got that boot ring some time ago. Worked like a charm! Cheepo GM should have used something like this in the first place!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Probably have a broken tab near the cup holder. You are talking about the "Upper Console" as they call it. It pulls off from the lower console and is not held on by any screws. Look for a used on on ebay or the forsale section here if you have some broken tabs. This is pretty common as with age the numerous amount of plastic pieces in our cars will break. Good luck.
Near the cup holder you say? I'll remove it and check again. The only reason I could see that nothing may be wrong at the cup holder area is due to the location of my issue vs where the cup holder is.

The upper console doesn't move anywhere else but at the very top part of it (where it meets with the dash/location of the shifter plaque)

Quick Reply: console question