Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Single DIN Firebird bezel install.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 11:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Single DIN Firebird bezel install.

Well, I figured I didnt want to change my old *** Ecliplse HU for a new one so I decided to get rid of my old set up and whip up something simple but that it looks good. So here it is....I did it all with things I found around in my tool box. Heck, I made the letters with a razorblade and a sticker that I transfered to the plexi and then removed them after painting. And yes the HU looks crooked but thats because the fold down face is missing the screw that secures it.

Cell phone nightime shots.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my 2 cents.. its not bad, not great. I really like the idea but the a in trans looks messed up. I bet if you gave it another shot you can make it look really sick. On my old car i had to do a few things more than once to get it right........well hell still do.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by theskitztikwon
Just my 2 cents.. its not bad, not great. I really like the idea but the a in trans looks messed up. I bet if you gave it another shot you can make it look really sick. On my old car i had to do a few things more than once to get it right........well hell still do.
Well, I appreciate your input and I agree with you also. I wanted to do this as cheap as possible and thats why I cut the letters out myself which is why they aren't perfect. I should've put the little dot in that A but I idnt think about it at the time. My original intent was to have a sign shop cut the wording out in a vinyl sticker and then it would've been perfect. But Im a cheapskate so this will do for now. I have more plexi to do it over but I was trying to finish it before I go on vacation on tuesday. Hey, at least it looks great at night! hahaha
Old 07-18-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the idea and may look alot better if pics were took with another camera but i really do like the idea atleast yall with the T/A's can do that with the gauges and it look good us with the camaro's cant put em in the vents and to me have em look good
Old 07-19-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it prolly wont cost to much to have some vinyl done when you get a chance but none the less i do really like the idea
Old 07-21-2010, 02:43 AM
TECH Regular

Looks great man. Yeah the trans am could be done a bit better but if its on the cheap well then id certainly be satisfied. Good mod
Old 07-22-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I don't think it looks too bad. The "6 speed" decal however needs some attention.

Quick Reply: Single DIN Firebird bezel install.