Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Really Bad Water Spots on Glass

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Really Bad Water Spots on Glass

Well first thing you'll notice is this is my first post ,although I've been reading these forums for years.I just wanted to share with you what I discovered today about removing hard water spots on glass.I had read on here about Weimans and steel wool and it does work,but ,man does it work you.So having just recently purchased a PC7424xp and some Meguiar products ,pads and microfiber cloths ,I said why not try it.I used the 105 stuff with the 6.5 orange pad , with my machine down on 3 at first just to see what happen.Well, it was working so I got more brave and turned the machine up on 6 and applied a good bit of pressure,WOW.My T-Tops look new again.I really like this machine and I'm really sold on Meguiar's products.The 105 will not scratch your tops and they came out slick.My car ,which I bought back in March,is a 2002 SS ,bought from a one owner with 41000 mi. It came from Okeechobee Fl. where obviously the water is hard and the sun is hot.The car was immaculate except for the hard water spots on all the glass.Let me share one other secret with you for your dash and leather interior.This old guy I bought the car from taught me this.Lemon Pledge.My dash and interior are perfect and thats all he ever used on it.I've been using it since I've owned it and it still looks new even sitting in this Alabama sun.I would post some pics but have not learned to do that yet.You can trust me on the 105 and the pledge though they work.I've been playing with cars all my life,and seen alot of stuff that would ruin your car but these work out good.Hope this helps some of you because I've really been helped from reading all of your post
Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the board newbie....sort of. Thanks for the tips. I can deal with all issues on my car myself except for waterspots on the glass, mainly the t-tops. I have the same DA and love it. I'll have to pick up some of the 105 and give it a try. I'm not so quick to jump on your Pledge bandwagon though. Furniture polish on my car just doesn't seem right.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:39 AM
Teching In

Yeah, I felt the same way about the pledge ,but supposedly the tip was passed on to this guy from a guy who restores and shows cars and I can tell you so far it keeps my dash looking new.As far as your tops and the 105, it works, and you can be aggressive with it.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Teching In

+1 to Weimans....Read it on this board. I had previously tried almost every other window cleaner. The vinegar thing doesnt work, at least not on my glass, but the weimans with the pad worked wonders!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

0000 steel wheel and liquid wheel cleaner works ****** wonders
Old 07-21-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Autozone sells a product I think it's called "glass scrub". My car had water spots when I deployed to Iraq, when I got back they were hard to get off needless to say... I used the glass scrub and they came RIGHT off.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

clay bar takes everything off most of the time
Old 07-29-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ i need to do something to my windows/mirrors but i never thought about clay bar the stuff
Old 07-30-2010, 06:36 AM
On The Tree

kerosene or straight vinegar will work on rain spots on glass, straight vinegar on rain spots on car's paint-got that one from CEO of Zaino polish
Old 07-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently had HARD water and other crap transfer on the paint and glass of my car. ******* pissed me off.

Turns out though that some Meguiar's Swirl X and a Applicator pad got it out with Minimal effort.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:33 AM
The House is Rockin'

bar keepers friend FTW!