Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need suggestions for tire dressing

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need suggestions for tire dressing

I've used Zaino tire dressing and almost running out. I like the low gloss look of Zaino and looking for something similar. Seems many I've tried have that greasy wet look that I'm not into.

I would just rather go to the store and buy something readily available, than order Zaino or some other product.

Any suggestions for a low gloss tire dressing that doesn't fling off all over the car?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

With my experience turtle wax doesn't have as much shine as my all-time favorite black magic, it may fling a little on the car but man does it shine awesome.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

I was wondering the same thing. I have tried SO many different products and everything slings! I am currently using Black Magic tire gel. Sand/debris always adheres to the tires and it usually slings a little.

I just want a tire dressing that gives my tire a deep black look that does not attract dirt nor sling. Is this too good to be true?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the armoral wipes and love them,makes the tires look new and clean,I'm not big on the gels ,the wipes look great,don't fling at all,and works really well
Old 04-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
I use the armoral wipes and love them,makes the tires look new and clean,I'm not big on the gels ,the wipes look great,don't fling at all,and works really well
Just make sure to put some Armor All on the tires so the sand doesn't seep in.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Armor all Extreme tire gel,it has little sling does not pick up any dust or road dirt and after you train your tires for it you dont have to keep applying it just take the applicator sponge and wipe the tire without adding any more dressing and they shine right up,trust me I've tried everything, meguires high endurance, black magic, no touch , and eagle one and nothing compares to the armor all extreme tire gel!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Order a gallon of Meguiars Hyper Dressing. It's water based and dilutable. I use it mixed 1:1 put on with an applicator and 2:1 sprayed in the fender wells. It gives a nice sheen, definitely not greasy, and only looks greasy if you use it undiluted. Also, it doesn't build up on tires (which I personally hate). Downside is that it won't last through a rainstorm. Anything that will last will be petroleum based and very greasy.

Excuse the poor pics, this was taken 4 years ago and is the only pic I have of Hyper Dressing on a car. This is 1:1, if you went 2:1 it wouldn't be as shiny.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ODAWG
Armor all Extreme tire gel,it has little sling does not pick up any dust or road dirt and after you train your tires for it you dont have to keep applying it just take the applicator sponge and wipe the tire without adding any more dressing and they shine right up,trust me I've tried everything, meguires high endurance, black magic, no touch , and eagle one and nothing compares to the armor all extreme tire gel!
I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Launching!

I've actually used the Meguiars Natural Shine Vinyl and Rubber Protectant that's meant for interiors.

It really gives a low shine, natural look on tires. I've had the ArmorAll Gel and etc, don't really like the extreme gloss look anymore.

I use an old t-shirt sleeve to apply. If you have disposable gloves, definitely use them.

I apply two coats for complete coverage, one thing that's different is that this stuff (on tires/rubber at least) does not have a tacky feeling to it after drying, so, in my experience it doesn't collect dust. No slinging either.

The only bad thing is that it does not stand up well to water/rain, but that's like most tire dressings.

It also gives a great low shine "factory look" to dashpads and interior plastics, so, with this product, you get a "tire dressing" and an interior protectant in one over the counter bottle.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im kinda weird, I always use armor all extreme spray on stuff. Except first i clean the tires let them dry, spray on the tire shine and let it sit for a while (about 30 min) then wash the car and hose off the tires. It prevents the "sling" and the overly shinny look.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've tried lots of high end products and such, I've found Stoners Aerosol Tire Shine to leave a nice sheen. Apply, let it sit a couple minutes, and give it a quick wipe with a paper towel and it'll look new... I prefer it.

Also doesn't sling or attract dirt at all.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

ADAMS POLISHES VRT!!! BEST STUFF OUT THERE!!! Not greasy, not too wet looking, not expensive, will not sling on the side of the car!!! Gives a great black satin finish. Plus you can use it on all plastic, vinyl, rubber trim on and in your car!!! I order this stuff by the gallons!! No joke!! I detail many peoples cars with ONLY ADAMS POLISHES PRODUCTS!!

Quick Reply: Need suggestions for tire dressing