Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

hand wax on black

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hand wax on black

what kind of luck are you guys having finding a good paste or liquid wax that doesnt streak and covers minor swirl marks?

seems like i can get one or the other but not both. and dealing with black is a whole other ball game.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Half your issue is not allowing the wax to properly dry and possible too heavy handed.

The only Paste wax I have used that does well on all colors including black is Meguiar's Ultimate Wax. It's brand new to the market and works really well. I have used different brands throughout the years and with the exception of using a wax spreader and a liquid this is one of the better waxes you can apply by hand.

Follow This:

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=39350
Old 06-01-2011, 01:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typically if a wax is good at masking its very oily, so then you get the streaking issues. Its somewhat of a tradeoff with certain products.

Personally I'm more of the opinion that fillers and masking agents are cheats... you can just as easily remove the defects with a DA polisher, pads, and a few chemicals, then you don't need to sweat finding a product to hide the imperfections since they're not there!