Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zaino Question / Engine Bay Product / Bodyshop = Best Place To Buff Black Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino Question / Engine Bay Product / Bodyshop = Best Place To Buff Black Paint?

Hey guys, just a few queations here iv got. I love Zaino, stuff gives a nasty show room look, so rich and bold but is there a better procedure for the stuff?? I find myself really having to scrub/whipe/handbuff when I use the show room Polish. I don't use a buffer just a microfiber towel and I leave it on for 15 mins or so and its really tough to get off. Should I leave it on for longer? Shorter? I also use the gloss enhancer.

Second, does anyone know a good product to use when making the plastic parts in the engine bay shine? IV used some stuff for interior and experimented with others but they all left horrible blotches and streaks.

Lastly, just like any black car, you see every little fine scratch and swirll mark, and IV had a car wash place buff it out and that did nothing to help take away the swirlls. I was told to take it to an actual body shop to have it professionally buffed out. Anyone got any suggestions on the best type of place to take it?

Thanks for all the help fellas, its always greatly appreciated!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

2. http://www.autogeek.net/engine-guide.html

3. errr....don't get your car detailed at car wash places.. they probably drop the microfibers and reuse them. Take it to a detailing shop.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

#1 You're putting it on too thick. I heard somewhere that if you can physically see Zaino you're putting it on too thick. I put it on with a PC on speed 2 and it melts into the paint. Wipes off like a breeze too. That stuff goes a long way!

#2 Something not sticky, it'll look good for about 10 minutes till you drive it and all the dust covers it up. I use quick detailer, doesn't leave it sticky and does a decent job of cleaning. I don't think there's anything ideal. If it's shiny it'll attract dust.

#3 Find someone on here, or atleast an enthusiast. Check Autopia.org. There's a local place here where we take our work trucks. They have a "detailing" service. Hahaha. I watched the guy one day. All the pads were laid face down on a dirty workbench and they use a pneumatic grinder/buffer to lay on some glaze. Take it to someone who cares, not someone that's just out to make money. Most body shops I've seen do a decent job, but their main concern is laying paint. It's not cured fully when it leaves so it's a different element when you bring one in later and it's cured.

Hopefully some of the pro guys will chime in with more advice.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

GOOGLE IS UR FRIEND
10 seconds found me this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEX6-rulyH8
Old 06-16-2011, 06:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, I just re-read the first post. It's not cured.....I normally put mine on as thin as possible and let it set up about an hour while I do the inside or something else. Wipes right off.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

1) I would let it dry longer. I wait about 1 hour, 2 if I put it on in the garage.

2) I use the Zaino leather product on everything inside.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Im over in South Bend, IN and can do a paint correction. Not sure what your schedule is like, Im 2 hours from Chicago area...less if your on the east side away from downtown. I would need it for 2 days. PM if any interest and more info.

Couple shots of a black ta I did. This car is probably the worst Ive done, it looked like someone rubbed it down with a SOS pad, no exaggeration.

Nother Z...

Last edited by LT4vert; 06-16-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Im over in South Bend, IN and can do a paint correction. Not sure what your schedule is like, Im 2 hours from Chicago area...less if your on the east side away from downtown. I would need it for 2 days. PM if any interest and more info.

Couple shots of a black ta I did. This car is probably the worst Ive done, it looked like someone rubbed it down with a SOS pad, no exaggeration.

Nother Z...

^Anybody that tells you that black is supposed to have swirls and you can't get them out is a liar......this is proof!

BTW, if anyone reading this one is also reading the one about "is getting your car detailed worth $200"....take a look at these pics. There's atleast an hour worth of taping up trim. I think that price is cheap.

Quick Reply: Zaino Question / Engine Bay Product / Bodyshop = Best Place To Buff Black Paint?