Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need opinions!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions!!

What's up guys?

Finally about the get out of the shithole the world calls Afghanistan in about a month. A couple of months ago I found a good deal on a '99 Trans Am, had a buddy go check it out, and it has been waiting in my parents garage for me since. This is my 3rd Fbody, 2nd ls1. I've already ordered basically everything I will be able to afford for the time being. Looking to do some appearance mods as well when I get back.

I can't access photobucket or any hosting sites on the internet out here, so I had to attach the images. I apologize for that.

I ordered some black vinyl overlays from Brent Franker. I have the front bird overlay, side Trans Am overlay, and rear Pontiac inserts. I will for sure be putting the Front bird and rear inserts on, but I am going back and forth on the door script. Should I just delete the moulding and script, or leave them on and put the overlay on top?

I will also be doing the CETA mod in semi-gloss black. Topping off the rearend will be the 3.5" corsa clones I have waiting for me.

Car will be lowered on a koni/strano setup. Unfortunately I am out of money right now, so the stock 16's will have to stay. Other things are first on the list before them, such as a fays2 watss link, TA and relocation, and possibly a wet kit. Probably won't havre funds for wheels/tires until next year.

Also planning on some tint when I am home as well, thinking 20%. I am stationed in Washington state so hopefully the 20% will not be dark enough to draw too much attention.

What else do you guys think I should do? I would like to hear some low/no cost appearance modifications. Any and all opinions/suggestions are welcome.

All of the mods will be installe within 2 weeks of eachother once I get home. I plan on making a build thread if some of you would be interested in seeing the progress!

Sorry, these are the only two pics of the car I currently have. You'll have to make do, I haven't even seen the car in person yet!

Need opinions!!-24806351412_316790511_im1_04_565x421_a_562x421.jpg

Need opinions!!-24806351415_316790511_im1_07_565x421_a_562x421.jpg
Old 06-14-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

take off the side molding ASAP!!!! also you could paint the calipers. Thats a good list that you have to start out.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Paint calipers, CETA mod, take off side molding.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Like I said, I am debating on the side molding right now. If the molding comes off, the door emblems are coming with it. If that's the case, I think I will purchase a pair of LOTB emblems in black onyx for the fenders.

I plan on painting the calipers. Think I am just going to go with black calipers and silver brackets.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

I plan on painting the calipers. Think I am just going to go with black calipers and silver brackets.[/QUOTE]

thats what i did. Its super easy, and it turned out great. keep us posted on updates.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Do the CETA mod for sure. It makes it look 10 times better!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Ceta Mod was my favorite thing I did to the car, also painting the brake calipers.

I removed my side molding and Trans Am emblems, then ended up regretting it later. I had thrown away my side moldings so I ended up buying some from a member here and reinstalled them. Then I reattached my Trans Am emblems and will never be sure if they are actually back in the right place :/ Wish I had never taken them off in the first place! I can never convince myself they are on straight either, ugh. I must be in the minority of those who prefer to keep the side moldings on the car.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by floodofnoise
Ceta Mod was my favorite thing I did to the car, also painting the brake calipers.

I removed my side molding and Trans Am emblems, then ended up regretting it later. I had thrown away my side moldings so I ended up buying some from a member here and reinstalled them. Then I reattached my Trans Am emblems and will never be sure if they are actually back in the right place :/ Wish I had never taken them off in the first place! I can never convince myself they are on straight either, ugh. I must be in the minority of those who prefer to keep the side moldings on the car.
I actually prefer them too. I feel they continue the line from the side of the front bumper cover nicely.

Quick Reply: Need opinions!!