Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Radio Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radio Bezel

Hello, my stock radio bezel broke and I got a replacement off eBay. It is good except I think it came from a '98 (my car is '01). The replacement is in good condition except that the color is very slightly lighter than my old one. Is there any way to get it darker? It doesn't have to be much darker, people probably won't notice it unless I point it out to them.

I'm not into the painted stuff so much. I don't want my interior to look any cheaper than it already is, lol. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Darth Cypher
Hello, my stock radio bezel broke and I got a replacement off eBay. It is good except I think it came from a '98 (my car is '01). The replacement is in good condition except that the color is very slightly lighter than my old one. Is there any way to get it darker? It doesn't have to be much darker, people probably won't notice it unless I point it out to them.

I'm not into the painted stuff so much. I don't want my interior to look any cheaper than it already is, lol. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Don't paint it, it'll probably chip off. Maybe wrap it? Wonder if you got the charcoal finish over the ebony?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know. On the picture, it looked black like mine. But it also looks smoother too. It is a very minute difference but one that I can see. I guess it is my OCD or something. But I can tell the difference, other people might not notice unless I point it out to them.

What is this wrap that you are talking about? I don't think I've ever heard of this.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I painted my radio bezel about a year ago and its fine. My car was pewter with ebony interior and I painted all my interior pieces the body color. I don't know how you would ever get it perfect to your interior unless they possibly make interior code paint. I just scuffed it up, primer for plastic, duplicolor perfect match, and some clear and it turned out fine.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Launching!

I was referring to hydro dipping I just said wrap. But one of the sponsors does it, you can do any design/ color you want or I've seen people buy some vinyl and hand wrap it. Or carbon fiber wrap from 3m I heard works good
Old 01-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get all the trim parts hydro dipped,or wrap them in snake skin lol
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I saw the hydro dip type stuff and it does look nice. Not sure I want to go that route but I am considering it. I looked up the wrap and I might try that on my old bezel to see how it will look. If it is what I'm after, I'll wrap the replacement bezel and maybe some other stuff in my interior. Hopefully it is not difficult to wrap. Kind of worried as these parts have lots of openings and curves. Afraid I will make it look like poo poo.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you do it post somE pictures. I would like to do it as well.

Quick Reply: Radio Bezel