Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Work in progress..

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace

What size wheels are they? And what condition are the tires in? I'd be interested (if you were offering to sell them of course). Anything better than these current chrome flaking wheels.. And yeah I don't like the fact I have too either. Around here there are worse cars, so don't feel too bad for me. But thank you. I'm getting the car buffed and striped next week. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the project. I'm looking forward to actually getting compliments from people rather than insults. Lol but I also have all of you to thank for opening my eyes, time to set it straight.
I sold them last night. Yea i bet the insulting gets old its just horrible when you see them like this. Have you checked out oewheelsllc.com?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
I sold them last night. Yea i bet the insulting gets old its just horrible when you see them like this. Have you checked out oewheelsllc.com?
It does, but I understand why though. And no I did not, I'll go take a look.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

It does, but I understand why though. And no I did not, I'll go take a look.
Yea man check em out if you got to camaro wheels they have sick wheels dude. And then like mentioned before fourthcircle designs he has great product.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Yea man check em out if you got to camaro wheels they have sick wheels dude. And then like mentioned before fourthcircle designs he has great product.
For sure, I saw quite a few I liked, only problem is money as of right now lol. Spent nearly every dollar I had so far. Car has a stock black wing on it from my dads camaro now, just needs repainted. The new stripe design is going on Monday-Tuesday. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. Then it's the tail lights, which I haven't found many aftermarket tail lights that I found suitable for the car, seemed kinda ricey like the ones I have. Might just go with OEM tail lights.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oem tails all candy red.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

For sure, I saw quite a few I liked, only problem is money as of right now lol. Spent nearly every dollar I had so far. Car has a stock black wing on it from my dads camaro now, just needs repainted. The new stripe design is going on Monday-Tuesday. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. Then it's the tail lights, which I haven't found many aftermarket tail lights that I found suitable for the car, seemed kinda ricey like the ones I have. Might just go with OEM tail lights.
check out hawks third gen, they have real nice professionally smoked stock LT1 tail lights. best looking light out there imo, i hate amber on the lens.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Skraight
Oem tails all candy red.
I think I saw tail lights similar to that on CARiD.com. I thought it would look funny on a metallic blue car. Thought of led's, but idk if it would flow well with how my car will be set up when all is said and done.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZEEYAL8R
check out hawks third gen, they have real nice professionally smoked stock LT1 tail lights. best looking light out there imo, i hate amber on the lens.
I agree. The older ones were a lot better. I'll still look around for aftermarket tail lights. I'll avoid the chrome ones like the one's I have, I hate them. Lol
Old 10-12-2013, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

I love the smoked ones but to each their own ofcourse
Old 10-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Launching!

I love the smoked ones but to each their own ofcourse
I like them too. But it would look weird when my car has nothing blacked out. Headlights are chrome. But true, each their own.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

tint your windows, get smoked turn signals and rear quarter marker lights, then the smoked tails will flow. lol
Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

Yea i thought you were redoing this thing back to cool haha man the best thing for this car i think is for you to just get all OE parts again. I understand that money is an issue but im sure you can find some gangstas to sell those wheels to.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

I like them too. But it would look weird when my car has nothing blacked out. Headlights are chrome. But true, each their own.
Whistler Mod your headlights then you can go whatever direction you want with the other lights plus your fronts will look better.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Launching!

Yea i thought you were redoing this thing back to cool haha man the best thing for this car i think is for you to just get all OE parts again. I understand that money is an issue but im sure you can find some gangstas to sell those wheels to.
I thought about blacking my car out. But around here blacked out cars are a dime a dozen. Plus a lot of my friends recommended sticking with chrome wheels. I think this blue with white stripes and a little chrome will flow great. The headlights need replaced anyway, but I'm planning on getting new halo's. The only OE part I'm considering is LT1 tail lights as said above. Trust me, the car will still look cool haha well for me anyhow haha.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZEEYAL8R
tint your windows, get smoked turn signals and rear quarter marker lights, then the smoked tails will flow. lol
True but I'll have white pin stripes on the car lol kinda would look goofy. I think this metallic blue with a little bit of white will look good. Plus got my eyes set on some 5 spoke 18inch wheels, look fimilar to the c5dd's.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
Whistler Mod your headlights then you can go whatever direction you want with the other lights plus your fronts will look better.
Very good idea. I could do the cars paint. But I think I might stick with chrome headlights though. I think it'll look good with the rest of the car.

But thanks for the idea. I had no idea what you were talking about till I researched it here on the forums. Good idea none the less.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

I thought about blacking my car out. But around here blacked out cars are a dime a dozen. Plus a lot of my friends recommended sticking with chrome wheels. I think this blue with white stripes and a little chrome will flow great. The headlights need replaced anyway, but I'm planning on getting new halo's. The only OE part I'm considering is LT1 tail lights as said above. Trust me, the car will still look cool haha well for me anyhow haha.
WAIT, white stripes? I gotta stop you right there, you should do a silver not white, it will go with the blue way better and then you could do a set of silver wheels (see picture for color, not wheel design) that the stripe would match to, would be a much better flow then.

Cars flow much better when there are only 2 "primary colors" if you have the blue with white and then a chrome wheels you have 3 and it will throw the look off.
Attached Thumbnails Work in progress..-silver.jpg  
Old 10-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
WAIT, white stripes? I gotta stop you right there, you should do a silver not white, it will go with the blue way better and then you could do a set of silver wheels (see picture for color, not wheel design) that the stripe would match to, would be a much better flow then.

Cars flow much better when there are only 2 "primary colors" if you have the blue with white and then a chrome wheels you have 3 and it will throw the look off.
Well luckily I haven't scheduled an appointment. So I still have the option to select a different color. They have a shiney silver and a bold silver. I like the shiney silver. If that would work with chrome.

Or

Could go with matte white wheels and white stripes. But Idk.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

you wanna move away from the chrome look, it's just out of place these days and honestly white wheels would be worse then chrome. can you get pictures of the silvers they have? My first car was a 96 Tahoe that was Midnight Blue which is if not exactly pretty damn close to the color of your car, so I have a good idea of what works well with that color.

if I've still got photoshop on my desktop I'll give an attempt to mod the "after" pic of your car to be more in the what I was thinking line later tonight.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the tails, I would look into the "Import" style is what I call them. They basically look like candy corn to me where the outer edge is Yellow/Amber, red then white I think. There not cheap but there different than the stock tail lights. If I can find a pic of them, I'll post up.

Quick Reply: Work in progress..