Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Work in progress..

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Work in progress..

Currently I'm taking the graphics off my car. Here is the before and after.

Problem I ran into was the fact that the top of the graphics was so baked into the paint it became pretty much merged. Paint started peeling when I tried to take the top graphics off. So I went to a graphics shop and see if they could do better. Just like I said, the stuff was so baked in it was merged with the paint. So they mentioned why not do a thick pin stripe on top of that all the way to the back. That way I don't have to spend hundreds if not a thousand on a paint job. And I think it would be pretty cool to have a white or grey stripe over top of the existing decal left over all the way to the back. Just my opinion of course. Either way hope it looks better.

-Before

- After
Old 10-08-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

LOL is all I have to say... Take a look at ur pics
Old 10-08-2013, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Lmao...... are you going to change the wheels to or stay donked out

Last edited by NnOoSsSs; 10-08-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
LOL is all I have to say... Take a look at ur pics
What's your point?

If you're talking about the existing decals left over. I already mentioned why they are still there and what is being done. If you're talking about the whole car in general, well I did say it is in the process of changing. People told me to get rid of the wing, wheels, and tailights. So that's my plan.

Last edited by Blazekillerace; 10-08-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
Lmao...... are you going to change the wheels to or stay donked out
Tailights, wheels and wing are coming off. As I said, work in progress. I already ordered a stock wing, now browsing through wheels. Tailights will most likely be stock replacement maybe. Just simply doing what people on the forum told me to do.

Last edited by Blazekillerace; 10-08-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace
What's your point?
Your second picture is upside down.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

here, I fixed your pictures. your "after" is upside down and the image sizes are to large to fit the forum blocking. these issues make it really hard to see what your talking about.

I guess a pinstripe could work but would need better pictures of the overall and close ups to say for sure.
Attached Thumbnails Work in progress..-qo7qmf.jpg   Work in progress..-2u6eq06.jpg  
Old 10-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
here, I fixed your pictures. your "after" is upside down and the image sizes are to large to fit the forum blocking. these issues make it really hard to see what your talking about.

I guess a pinstripe could work but would need better pictures of the overall and close ups to say for sure.
Oh. I'm sorry about that. On my phone they were okay. Thank you for fixing them. I'll post a picture here in a min, might have to fix this one as well.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Your second picture is upside down.
Oh, I wasn't aware. Sorry about that haha. On my phone they were fine when I posted them.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blazekillerace

Tailights, wheels and wing are coming off. As I said, work in progress. I already ordered a stock wing, now browsing through wheels. Tailights will most likely be stock replacement maybe. Just simply doing what people on the forum told me to do.
Nice did you just pic this up or something
Old 10-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Nice did you just pic this up or something
Yeah, a lady in ohio was selling it for $6900 with only 54k miles on it. No performance mods besides slotted/drilled brake rotors. She made the car a "show" only car. I didn't like some things with the car including the wheels and tailights. But for that price I thought I got a good deal. Everything is mechanically sound. Considering the other f-bodies I've looked at were either 10g+ or were around 7g but had mechanical problems or body damage. Either way I'm happy with my purchase. The way that ls1 kicks you back into your seat puts a smile on my face. Oh yeah and smoking tires
Old 10-08-2013, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could so a combination of a "hockey stripe", it'll start from that area right at the wheel well and extend to the the end of the door. Maybe to the end of the car kinda like a Sunoco stripe also.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Hope this one didn't mess up.

This is what's done so far. I do want to do a stripe on top of the one that can't come off without damage being done. I'm also doing a small pin stripe on the hood having it follow the lines of the hood scoop. I thought that might be kinda cool. Just my opinion.

Step by step she'll get there. No where near done, but progress.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by silverWS.6
You could so a combination of a "hockey stripe", it'll start from that area right at the wheel well and extend to the the end of the door. Maybe to the end of the car kinda like a Sunoco stripe also.
Yeah. Kinda what I'm aiming for. I'll have to google some examples. Good idea though. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

sounds like fairly good deal, but looks like quite a bit of RICE you need to eliminate, wheels, wing, tail lights, body kit. did they paint the interior too? something this extreme on the outside tends to see painted interior pieces too.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
sounds like fairly good deal, but looks like quite a bit of RICE you need to eliminate, wheels, wing, tail lights, body kit. did they paint the interior too? something this extreme on the outside tends to see painted interior pieces too.
True. A lot is being taken off. But I like the ground effects. I think it will look okay once I find some nice wheels to put on. And the interior is painted to. But actually looks good. I like it. Sport seats are comfy as well.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Man i cant wait till you fix this thing haha. I dont know if you have some wheels and.i dont mean to ***** mine out right now but i have a stock set of ws6 speedlines FS with yokohama s drives 275's all around just figured id throw that out there. I just feel bad that you gotta ride around with those on there. Either way i consider this car saved by you.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Man i cant wait till you fix this thing haha. I dont know if you have some wheels and.i dont mean to ***** mine out right now but i have a stock set of ws6 speedlines FS with yokohama s drives 275's all around just figured id throw that out there. I just feel bad that you gotta ride around with those on there. Either way i consider this car saved by you.
What size wheels are they? And what condition are the tires in? I'd be interested (if you were offering to sell them of course). Anything better than these current chrome flaking wheels.. And yeah I don't like the fact I have too either. Around here there are worse cars, so don't feel too bad for me. But thank you. I'm getting the car buffed and striped next week. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the project. I'm looking forward to actually getting compliments from people rather than insults. Lol but I also have all of you to thank for opening my eyes, time to set it straight.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

check out the sunoco stripe from fourthcircledesigns. mutiple layouts and colors available, something different that not a lot of people run. Also a bunch of other little exterior pieces on the site too.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DemonicZ
check out the sunoco stripe from fourthcircledesigns. mutiple layouts and colors available, something different that not a lot of people run. Also a bunch of other little exterior pieces on the site too.
I will check those out, I think I'm going to stick with white, I like the white on this blue. I'll check out the layouts. Thanks for the tips DemonicZ.

Quick Reply: Work in progress..