Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Window tint on pewter 99 z28; tint pictures are appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tint on pewter 99 z28; tint pictures are appreciated

Hey guys, I'm looking to go darker on my two front windows. I have 35% on my front windows and 5% on my rear. I am debating between going 10% or 15% for the front windows, I'm leaning towards 15%. I had an idea that may seem stupid. Since I have t tops which have slight tint(I could strip it off), if I let light shine through the t tops would the 10% tint look light enough for you to slightly see me? Because I want cops to be able to at least see a figure of my body if they pulled up next to me at a stop light rather than go 5% and not be seen at all. Should I just be safe and get the 15% I live in Texas so yeah both options are illegal but i have a friend that has 2.5 to 5% tint on his front windows and has not gotten a ticket.. He's been pulled over but gets out of it by rolling down the windows or by saying the car came tinted like that. He's gotten lucky.. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by Silent_Knight30; 03-03-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:01 AM
jig
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have 5% all the way around and the t-tops are factory tint and they let enough light in so when you look at your car from the front and the sun is shining down on it i can see my headrests..just look at google pics theres tons
Old 03-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jig
i have 5% all the way around and the t-tops are factory tint and they let enough light in so when you look at your car from the front and the sun is shining down on it i can see my headrests..just look at google pics theres tons
Thanks for the response man! But from the sides can you see in at all?? I want cars next to me to be able to slightly see my figure but not much detail
Old 03-04-2015, 05:06 PM
jig
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silent_Knight30
Thanks for the response man! But from the sides can you see in at all?? I want cars next to me to be able to slightly see my figure but not much detail
not with 5% you can flip people off and they wouldnt see it lol..look up tint percentages, i think 15% or most likely 20% is what your after

Quick Reply: Window tint on pewter 99 z28; tint pictures are appreciated