Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sunoco Wide Body... The time has come. Who's ready to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The price is what hurts no doubt, like stated about the corvette rear fenders which I did to mine, there is no way I can justify spending more on this kit for either of my F-bodies then I did on my vette.

I spent 1480 shipped for my rear wide body but that came with more then just fenders.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

well I think I am going to get them to do a one off kit for me. As of this moment I am unsure if I will go with the full kit or just the smaller rears. If other people show sudden interest we could get this done for more people.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does this front fender look weird? cool? thoughts?

Old 08-02-2015, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

I think it just don't flow right with the car. I guess its something you have to see many times to really know if you like or not.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
I think it just don't flow right with the car. I guess its something you have to see many times to really know if you like or not.
After sleeping in it. It looks kinda funky lol.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

And it literally looks "supercar-ish". Like on a old Ford GT or some sort of actual road race car which I know that the DH was built to perform, I just don't think its sits well on a street car. Nice shot though, Im sure you have more ideas**
Old 08-02-2015, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, it was done as a 'vent' to either help get engine heat out, or, more likely, to help front downforce by letting trapped air escape from the front, looks be DAMNED.

This was more of a concern by them then how pretty/showcar like, it looked.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Yes, it was done as a 'vent' to either help get engine heat out, or, more likely, to help front downforce by letting trapped air escape from the front, looks be DAMNED.

This was more of a concern by them then how pretty/showcar like, it looked.
I was thinking I would some how vent out some engine bay heat through it but it has to look like it belongs lol
Old 08-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can buy Z06 rear fenders for 05-13 Corvette's for 1,300$ so I don't know why Camaro should run us any higher! I know you guys(6LE) gotta make a profit, I understand this,, but we will never get anywhere without someone to take the risk and produce at a lower profit rate to make a reputable name which u guys are doing in return to gain a steady buyer base. Don't get me wrong,, you guys are doing the F Body community a great service and I know you are taking losses most likely on a lot of projects and I support you to the fullest but maybe you need to find more investors for this endeavor and take it to the next level. I know a lot of us believe in you and your abilities and would like to see this effort go beyond our dreams and fulfill yours! Just rambling,, so keep up the good work,, Im not a hater, I support you to the fullest, as well as many, many others! Whats Next??
There's ZERO profit at this price. It's 10 people getting it at cost and us being out the mold cost hoping to eventually sell more at a higher rate once they're seen on car.

If there were 100 buyers, which I'm sure the Vette had, the cost would cut in half easily...

Thanks for the compliments! Let's be honest, this is as dead in the water as the Firebird bumper and Convertible spoiler.

Our views on our LS1tech posts are now not even a tenth of what we get on FB so come October when the contract is up for renewal we've decided to move on.

We'll still carry most of what we have for F-Bodies but new projects are 99% done and we'll be branching into other markets (starting with our SEMA Silverado).

It's been fun but there's not much left to do except the big "dream" stuff no one can afford OR the small replacement stuff (dashes, door panels, etc...) which WE can't afford ($50,000 to $100,000 a mold).
Old 08-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
Does this front fender look weird? cool? thoughts?

Don't hate it but you'll never be able to vent engine heat out of an F-Body from there (without major cutting)
Old 08-03-2015, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
There's ZERO profit at this price. It's 10 people getting it at cost and us being out the mold cost hoping to eventually sell more at a higher rate once they're seen on car.

If there were 100 buyers, which I'm sure the Vette had, the cost would cut in half easily...

Thanks for the compliments! Let's be honest, this is as dead in the water as the Firebird bumper and Convertible spoiler.

Our views on our LS1tech posts are now not even a tenth of what we get on FB so come October when the contract is up for renewal we've decided to move on.

We'll still carry most of what we have for F-Bodies but new projects are 99% done and we'll be branching into other markets (starting with our SEMA Silverado).

It's been fun but there's not much left to do except the big "dream" stuff no one can afford OR the small replacement stuff (dashes, door panels, etc...) which WE can't afford ($50,000 to $100,000 a mold).
I'm saddened that it has come to that but I understand. I commend you for your effort in the FBody community. I guess I take it personal because I gave up one of my IROC spoilers to get replicas made for the people that all said they wanted it. I was called selfish on this very forum for owning two of them. Bottom line is that the 4th generation cars are at the very bottom of the automotive world right now. Third gens are on the rise but fourth gens for the most part are entry level cars. Most people aren't going to spend any real money to make their cars unique. How many OE Wheels and plastidip threads can we have? I know what I say may offend some but so be it. For those that really keep the fourth gen alive with thinking outside the box, thank you.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would love to have the wide body but that's honestly the last thing on my list and most people here are probably the same way. I've seen you put out some awesome products where everybody said they wanted one until it came time to pay and then they all disappeared so I definitely understand your frustration.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by banshe5
I'm saddened that it has come to that but I understand. I commend you for your effort in the FBody community. I guess I take it personal because I gave up one of my IROC spoilers to get replicas made for the people that all said they wanted it. I was called selfish on this very forum for owning two of them. Bottom line is that the 4th generation cars are at the very bottom of the automotive world right now. Third gens are on the rise but fourth gens for the most part are entry level cars. Most people aren't going to spend any real money to make their cars unique. How many OE Wheels and plastidip threads can we have? I know what I say may offend some but so be it. For those that really keep the fourth gen alive with thinking outside the box, thank you.
:truth: Lol
Old 08-04-2015, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im still def set on a CF sail panel within the next couple months. Hope they will still be available!
Old 08-04-2015, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im still def set on a CF sail panel within the next couple months. Hope they will still be available!
Exactly, I need a new roof, please don't give up the roofs and Sail panel molds, at least for another year

Last edited by jaxcam02; 08-04-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

I really thought this would have gone over better, but I think there has been a huge change in culture when it comes to cars I think.

Atleast in my area, I dont think people spend money to customize cars like they used to, unless its much older cars and even then its just resto work you just dont see this kind of stuff anymore.

Hell i hardly see any 4th gens on the road anymore and when you do the look like every nissan 240sx I have ever seen on the road.........used abused with mismatched body panels (the kind of cars that really need plastidip haha).

Seems like a dedicated few that keep innovative ideas going around here, especially in the appearance department. Maybe its a cycle that will take an up swing someday.

Best of luck Mark
Old 08-04-2015, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Bottom line is that the 4th generation cars are at the very bottom of the automotive world right now. Third gens are on the rise but fourth gens for the most part are entry level cars. Most people aren't going to spend any real money to make their cars unique.
Sad, but true, despite having non-enthusiast people walk up to me and state that they like the looks of my car (4th gens) BETTER THAN the 5th gens.

You know we are on the 'outs' when companies like Soft Seal won't even make weatherstripping for our rides, but one can almost build a new 3rd gen from the ground up now.

The other thing about the cost is that IF I were going to spend all of that coin for the wide body kit on this car, along with ALL of the other stuff it needs, and will need in the near future, I could find a C6 Z06 in great shape.
This would be a much better platform to road race on anyway (don't care one iota about drag racing).
Old 08-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Comparatively speaking talking about 3rd Generation Camaros as "on the rise" doesn't have really influence on this subject matter so I am not sure where that was derived from? And if your opinion of "on the rise" is going from $1-$5K to a $5-$10K car then more power to yeah. There is nothing remotely appealing about a 3rd Generation Camaro unless it was one of the few very specialty models. Even low mileage 3rd Gens barely fetch what an SS 4th Gen brings the fact of the matter is that it was a very dismal time in automotive history and no one wants to pay $10K for a 150HP 350 TPI in a jelopie.

Although I have seen a resurgence of people driving them it seems to be those that must have finally paid of the mortgage on their trailer and have a little bit of money to spare to reminisce on their high school days.

Regarding the body kit tbh man that's just a lot of money when most base model 4th Gens value under $10000K plus the fact that you have to do all the work yourself and in my opinion just based upon the brief run through of this thread I would not feel comfortable with how the quarter panel design is intended to be placed. My personal preference would be metal not glass. Not only that but a lot of people don't like "cloning" original concept cars of which was this concept not used by GMMG on the Fred Gibbs 4th Gens.

Last edited by Bandits96ss; 08-07-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
This forum has really died since I returned last year. This used to be a happening place but anymore the "active" members seems to be way down. I can understand where a sponsor company would want to move on. Good luck with your endeavors you guys make some very unique stuff.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandits96ss
Comparatively speaking talking about 3rd Generation Camaros as "on the rise" doesn't have really influence on this subject matter so I am not sure where that was derived from? And if your opinion of "on the rise" is going from $1-$5K to a $5-$10K car then more power to yeah. There is nothing remotely appealing about a 3rd Generation Camaro unless it was one of the few very specialty models. Even low mileage 3rd Gens barely fetch what an SS 4th Gen brings the fact of the matter is that it was a very dismal time in automotive history and no one wants to pay $10K for a 150HP 350 TPI in a jelopie.

Although I have seen a resurgence of people driving them it seems to be those that must have finally paid of the mortgage on their trailer and have a little bit of money to spare to reminisce on their high school days.

Regarding the body kit tbh man that's just a lot of money when most base model 4th Gens value under $10000K plus the fact that you have to do all the work yourself and in my opinion just based upon the brief run through of this thread I would not feel comfortable with how the quarter panel design is intended to be placed. My personal preference would be metal not glass. Not only that but a lot of people don't like "cloning" original concept cars of which was this concept not used by GMMG on the Fred Gibbs 4th Gens.
I respect your opinion and I promise no insult was directed towards 4th generation cars. Look in my signature, I own two LT1 cars and have built many for friends and customers since the early 2000's. 96 Z28SS are one of my favorite cars because of being the first year SS and the only year that was designated Z28SS in the 4th gen cars. As for third gens, they are absolutely on the rise. Many people are doing complete restorations and/or LS swaps. I know of a few people who have spent about 15,000+ alone on the exterior restoration and paint. I agree that most you see are ragged out but the restoration market is up on that generation of Camaro and Firebird. Every generation of car goes through the "used car" phase, unfortunately the 4th gen is in that time of it's life right now.

Quick Reply: Sunoco Wide Body... The time has come. Who's ready to buy?