Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

There's no harm in giving it a shot, you'll know for sure when you go to remove them if they'll come out of the bumper hole.

If you can't get them out together, here's something to think about.. They still have better than OEM fog light replacements out there. If something was to happen, I know I can always get a set of aftermarkets and would mount the same way as these LEDs.

Looking forward to your install pics!
Old 04-08-2016, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
There's no harm in giving it a shot, you'll know for sure when you go to remove them if they'll come out of the bumper hole.

If you can't get them out together, here's something to think about.. They still have better than OEM fog light replacements out there. If something was to happen, I know I can always get a set of aftermarkets and would mount the same way as these LEDs.

Looking forward to your install pics!
Ill give it a shot because I think, in my mind, wouldn't I be able to re install these from under the car back in place? I went back and looked at what you did and you are saying once on the brackets to just push them through the fog light holes in the front bumper? Hmm...maybe I got a little confused how or why you were doing this. I guess in my mind I was going to remove the old ones from the bottom of the car, mount these to the brackets, install them back in from under the car, bolt them back in, plug and play. LOL, tell me if Im completely wrong. Good thing is Ill have a some time to really take my time putting these in since the weather up here stinks. And that's the other thing, we are supposed to get 8" of snow tonight and this weekend, so it looks like 2 more weeks before I bring her out.

Mike
Old 04-08-2016, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

For mine I had to separate the bracket and fog light to get it out. I couldn't get all out through the front hole. After separating it the bracket dropped out of the bottom and light through the hole.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
For mine I had to separate the bracket and fog light to get it out. I couldn't get all out through the front hole. After separating it the bracket dropped out of the bottom and light through the hole.
Ah...got ya. Ok. Thanks man. Hey while its on my mind....So you are looking at the fog light, which way is the top and which way is the bottom. There is the typical "DOT" writing on the lens so should that part be the top or bottom when mounted?
Old 04-08-2016, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
Ah...got ya. Ok. Thanks man. Hey while its on my mind....So you are looking at the fog light, which way is the top and which way is the bottom. There is the typical "DOT" writing on the lens so should that part be the top or bottom when mounted?
It'll maybe make more sense once you get down there and do it. Hopefully you can get yours out in one piece like blueday did.

I believe that is on the bottom. The sure fire way to tell is once old fogs are removed, plug this fog into the socket and see which way the light shines. There should be black above the cutoff and light below it.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Teching In

i ordered a set and they sent me 2 sets lol if someone wants theses for $30 shipped let me no, i can send pics as well 240-216-1131 james
Old 04-18-2016, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Sent you a text, James
Old 04-21-2016, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So how do you adjust these once they are in?
Old 04-21-2016, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

those look awesome man. Nice.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by No Juice
So how do you adjust these once they are in?
Personally on past 3 sets I used blue loc-tite, snugged them down where I could barely move them, mounted on the car and adjusted. They haven't budged since.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Amazon.com: GENSSI LED Auxiliary Lights Fits Harley Motorcycles (Two 4.5 Inch Auxiliary Lights, Black): Automotive Amazon.com: GENSSI LED Auxiliary Lights Fits Harley Motorcycles (Two 4.5 Inch Auxiliary Lights, Black): Automotive

These look like the original ones, but are under the brand Genssi. I think I'm going to order them, free one-day shipping with Amazon Prime, so I'll let you all know what they look like tomorrow, lol.

Thank you for this! I drive primarily with my fogs, and these will make an great improvement.

Chris,

EDIT: Infinite, what License plate bulbs are you using? Mine LED has been getting dimmer lately.

Last edited by ChrisSingh90; 04-21-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChrisSingh90
Amazon.com: GENSSI LED Auxiliary Lights Fits Harley Motorcycles (Two 4.5 Inch Auxiliary Lights, Black): Automotive

These look like the original ones, but are under the brand Genssi. I think I'm going to order them, free one-day shipping with Amazon Prime, so I'll let you all know what they look like tomorrow, lol.

Thank you for this! I drive primarily with my fogs, and these will make an great improvement.

Chris,

EDIT: Infinite, what License plate bulbs are you using? Mine LED has been getting dimmer lately.
Very welcome. Those look like the ones I got, should work good. I love mine.

I made my own LED board for the license plate light. There's 96 white LEDs on it, I have a thread some where on it.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

Hey fellas do any of you know anything similar to these lights for the camaro fogs? trying to find a good alternative for my 01
Old 04-22-2016, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by j0hn_j0hn08
Hey fellas do any of you know anything similar to these lights for the camaro fogs? trying to find a good alternative for my 01
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...02-camaro.html

Check this thread out. This might help. Looks like some new camaro fogs.

I finally got mine out of storage so installing the fogs are next on my list...ill post more pics when i get mine up.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

So I got them in the other day, and they are the same like the other guys received, with the longer wire pigtail in the back.

There's less heatsink material to tap into, but hopefully I will be able to make these work.

Chris,
Old 04-23-2016, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking at Smokin's lights, I think it can still be used. Just curious if they differ from the picture on Amazon?
Old 04-24-2016, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im ordering these fogs today. @infinitereality your car looks badass, i already have a bls kit and the rear license plate LEDs so these fogs should fit nicely.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Im ordering these fogs today. @infinitereality your car looks badass, i already have a bls kit and the rear license plate LEDs so these fogs should fit nicely.
Thanks man. These fogs will definitely compliment the projectors, price for them is just icing on a cake!
Old 04-27-2016, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you use to cut the stock brackets? I have a small dremel but idk if its powerful enough.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zlow28
What did you use to cut the stock brackets? I have a small dremel but idk if its powerful enough.
I used painters tape and taped where I wanted to cut, put it in a vise and used a sawzall to chop it off. Little grinding to smooth it out and some paint, just because.

There's several other options to chop it off. Cutoff wheel on an angle grinder, grinding wheel, hacksaw, etc.

Quick Reply: Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)