Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spitfire557
Got mine in the mail today. Bought them from the link two or three posts above (eBay). They are in fact the OLD style that OP used so buy them up while you can.

Looking forward to doing this mod, maybe this weekend!
Going on the car in your signature? I have a 95 and wanted to do the same but hadn't seen anyone with our model post doing it in here
Old 08-06-2017, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished the install on my 97 today, it's the same exact bracket.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Note that in the closeup, I mounted it upside down. Oops. Corrected afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-img_9093.jpg   Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-img_9096.jpg   Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-img_9097.jpg   Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-img_9089.jpg  
Old 08-21-2017, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

Just installed mine. Put pics Here...https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...l#post19707162
Old 08-25-2017, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
Sorry I forgot to link the output picture, thread updated now. They seem to have a decent cutoff and a nice spread. Time will tell once installed.
Just wanted to thank you for your write up on the led fog light install. I ended up just doing the same on my car. figured one of the fog lights was burnt out anyways so it was a good time. I did the chrome versions. The amount of light output is huge compared to before. Its to the point i dont even need to use the headlights if i dont want to. They look great at night too. Im just using the LMC truck housings for my headlights but together with both on the amount of light is probably double of stock. ill try to post up a pic soon. thanks again.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Siciliano15
Just wanted to thank you for your write up on the led fog light install. I ended up just doing the same on my car. figured one of the fog lights was burnt out anyways so it was a good time. I did the chrome versions. The amount of light output is huge compared to before. Its to the point i dont even need to use the headlights if i dont want to. They look great at night too. Im just using the LMC truck housings for my headlights but together with both on the amount of light is probably double of stock. ill try to post up a pic soon. thanks again.
Very welcome! Love to share cheap mods that are such a huge upgrade over stock!
Old 08-30-2017, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just an fyi for adjustability. I installed mine today, I took pictures, but they say they're corrupted for some reason. I mounted them just like everyone else by drilling through the stock bracket and the heat sinks. To retain adjustability I put the stock adjustment screw back into the bracket with a wing nut and lock nut on top of it, bent the bracket down almost to a 45* angle, and mounted a spring I got from Ace Hardware to the bracket at the bottom side of the light to keep tension on the light. Super simple and the adjustment portion is pretty easy to access like it always was before. I wish I had pictures to show.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheTinMan
Just an fyi for adjustability. I installed mine today, I took pictures, but they say they're corrupted for some reason. I mounted them just like everyone else by drilling through the stock bracket and the heat sinks. To retain adjustability I put the stock adjustment screw back into the bracket with a wing nut and lock nut on top of it, bent the bracket down almost to a 45* angle, and mounted a spring I got from Ace Hardware to the bracket at the bottom side of the light to keep tension on the light. Super simple and the adjustment portion is pretty easy to access like it always was before. I wish I had pictures to show.
Hell yeah, thanks!!
Old 08-31-2017, 06:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 353 Likes on 266 Posts

I'm thinking this maybe a winter project for me. I think.i like the blacked out ones
Old 08-31-2017, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Finally pulled the trigger on ordering the black ones for mine to match all the black accenting. Have a feeling these will sit on my work bench until winter before I get around to being able to install them
Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad324
Finally pulled the trigger on ordering the black ones for mine to match all the black accenting. Have a feeling these will sit on my work bench until winter before I get around to being able to install them
Dude story of my life. I have parts all over the place for projects for my truck and car in various stages ranging from just beginning concept to halfway done. Some are years in the making. Some need funds, some need time, and I have neither
Old 09-21-2017, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I finished this very nice upgrade the other day, but I kinda went a different route with my setup since I wanted to retain the factory adjustability. I first pried off the glass lenses, then I cut out the lower portions of the fog lamp housings. By doing this, it leaves nice upper rings that the adjusters are attached to, serves as buckets for the L.E.D. fogs to sit in, and also provides new lower pivot points for the adjustability.

The L.E.D. fogs fit perfectly inside of the OEM fog lamp buckets / rings and they're bonded together using 'JB WELD' for plastics. For the new lower pivot points, I drilled a hole on each side of the metal brackets and the rings, then threaded some screws in. In the end, everything functions exactly like the factory fog lamp setup. I started to paint the brackets, but figured that it would be a waste of time on something no one will ever see once they're mounted back on the car.

I'm extremely pleased with the way everything turned out, and the night time lighting is TRULY a night and day difference!

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-tcksist.jpg

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-sm2ri3r.jpg

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-bt0tcwe.jpg

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-jgjaaqa.jpg

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-nmxosxj.jpg

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-ylgujfr.jpg

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-zldztc6.jpg

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-kkcter7.jpg

Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)-riqr47i.jpg
The following users liked this post:
ramairjohn2000 (08-28-2020)
Old 09-21-2017, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ That was actually my back up plan if the other way to retain adjustability didn't work out.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ I dig that route, looks nice and simple other than the dust cutting while chopping off the reflector. Did you align the new fogs to the leftover OEM bucket?
Old 09-21-2017, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
^^ I dig that route, looks nice and simple other than the dust cutting while chopping off the reflector. Did you align the new fogs to the leftover OEM bucket?
Photos 4 and 5 shows the L.E.D. housing sitting perfectly inside the cut upper OEM fog lamp housing. Once the OEM fog lamp glass is removed, the L.E.D. housing to the OEM's is kinda self-aligning.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by carlos64030
Photos 4 and 5 shows the L.E.D. housing sitting perfectly inside the cut upper OEM fog lamp housing. Once the OEM fog lamp glass is removed, the L.E.D. housing to the OEM's is kinda self-aligning.
That's what I was wondering, pretty slick setup!
Old 09-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Are there pictures of the black ones verse the chrome ones?
Old 09-30-2017, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maximus0066
Are there pictures of the black ones verse the chrome ones?
I owned both. You can see black on my original post and few pages in my chrome ones.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks incredible. I am going to settle with LED replacement bulbs for my fog lights, just to make life easy. Eventually my headlights will be treated with LED bulbs in a projector lens housing by a company that makes them for LT1/LS1 f-bodies.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

so these are direct plug and play in terms of wiring?

Quick Reply: Trans Am LED Fog Light Install (Morimoto Knockoffs)