Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Trans Am Cheap Bi-Xenon Projectors! Quad high & low!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually have a spare stock headunit laying around the house if that would help you? I bought it to replace my headunit that has the time display thing burnt out, but I have not gotten around to ever installing it, and its been years lol.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I appreciate the offer, but luckily I've tried damn near every option for our cars so I have a surplus of stuff, lol. I hope to get stuff removed and/or replaced today after work so they can come pick up the car before the weekend to make room for the next vehicle, lol
Old 05-09-2017, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn, that really sucks!
Hate to see you go, you came up with some really cool stuff for these cars. Good luck in your next venture!
Old 05-09-2017, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigbomber5
Damn, that really sucks!
Hate to see you go, you came up with some really cool stuff for these cars. Good luck in your next venture!
Thanks! I'll never here, but will be forced to slow down on f-body mods, lol. At least I'm not going to the "other" side and saying with GM.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

oh wow . I feel so bad man .
Old 05-09-2017, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 308 Likes on 171 Posts

That really sucks to hear.

Having the SLC on the way must soften the blow a little though
Old 05-09-2017, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys and CoreyD, it softens it alot and honestly the whole reason I bought another f-body in the first place. Allowed me to put more money up for inital purchase and come up with rest like for the engine and transaxle and lots of little stuff that adds up like, like SS hardware, QuickJack, etc. **** adds up way quicker than I anticipated, but been saving for a decade, so....

I am happy to report I put a deposit down on the next ride, 04 spiral gray C5 with Z51 package and 26k miles less than the WS6 and won't have to come out of pocket between the 2 cars which was my worry after doing this. It's actually working out very well thus far, gents I recommend keeping full coverage on these cars. Not that much of a premium difference and sure as hell paid off if you do something dumb like me...
Old 05-09-2017, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that blows - sorry to hear. If you decide to sell your projectors, let me know.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Finally have 4 wheels again. They actually make a replacement headlight with 1 projector for these cars. Once they're off back order I'll get a set to retrofit, I miss quad beams dearly. Surprisingly the stock lights aren't sealed beams like the WS6 so you can actually just buy regular bulbs and I'm considering just tossing in HIDs while I wait for the others to get off back order. Or I'm tempted to get some "frog eye" headlights and ditch the pop-ups all together, make crack them open so I can paint the inside body color to maybe make it look a little better.

BTW if anyone wants a new in box Magnaflow muffler for cheaper than you can find anywhere online, hit me up. I can return it but they want a 20% restocking fee so would rather give someone on here a discount than these people money.
Attached Thumbnails Trans Am Cheap Bi-Xenon Projectors! Quad high & low!-img_20170513_165322.jpg   Trans Am Cheap Bi-Xenon Projectors! Quad high & low!-img_20170513_165257.jpg  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! It looks like that vette was really taken care of
Old 05-20-2017, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what fogs are those and how painful to install?

The brand looks familiar on something i saw today
Old 05-22-2017, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

They're just generic harley davidson auxiliary LEDs. Has a great cutoff and actually useful.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ockoffs-7.html
Old 08-21-2017, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Finally got around to doing the projectors as well as the fogs. Firstly, I have to thank Infinite for thinking of this and answering all of the questions and concerns and I had. I decided to only do two projectors for now and the install itself wasn't bad at all. Took a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances like my HIDs not wanting to work, and having to re-drill the holes in the plates (still have to paint those) as my projectors were slightly different than the ones infinite got. Only took a few hours all together.

The light output when compared to stock isn't even a comparison really. These are leagues ahead. I can actually see in front of myself when I'm on the interstate now lol

Also decided to run an LED strip in place of my license plate bulb.

Fog light comparison

Old 08-22-2017, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very welcome, glad everything went fairly smoothly. You're 100% correct, there isn't even a comparison to the regular headlights on these cars. It's quite unreal the difference. Now next time you get bored, you can upgrade the center lights.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
Finally have 4 wheels again. They actually make a replacement headlight with 1 projector for these cars. Once they're off back order I'll get a set to retrofit, I miss quad beams dearly. Surprisingly the stock lights aren't sealed beams like the WS6 so you can actually just buy regular bulbs and I'm considering just tossing in HIDs while I wait for the others to get off back order. Or I'm tempted to get some "frog eye" headlights and ditch the pop-ups all together, make crack them open so I can paint the inside body color to maybe make it look a little better.

BTW if anyone wants a new in box Magnaflow muffler for cheaper than you can find anywhere online, hit me up. I can return it but they want a 20% restocking fee so would rather give someone on here a discount than these people money.
If you still have muffler, pm.me price shipped to 30236. Thank you. Also, will that projector plate work for LT1?
Old 08-22-2017, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
If you still have muffler, pm.me price shipped to 30236. Thank you. Also, will that projector plate work for LT1?
Sorry muffler is long gone. LS1 plates are a different size than LT1, but they may sell them.

I do have a couple of things left from the car like the strut tower brace.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CoreyD
Finally got around to doing the projectors as well as the fogs. Firstly, I have to thank Infinite for thinking of this and answering all of the questions and concerns and I had. I decided to only do two projectors for now and the install itself wasn't bad at all. Took a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances like my HIDs not wanting to work, and having to re-drill the holes in the plates (still have to paint those) as my projectors were slightly different than the ones infinite got. Only took a few hours all together.

The light output when compared to stock isn't even a comparison really. These are leagues ahead. I can actually see in front of myself when I'm on the interstate now lol

Also decided to run an LED strip in place of my license plate bulb.

Fog light comparison

have link to where you got your led board for license plate?
Old 08-22-2017, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28
have link to where you got your led board for license plate?
Amazon Amazon
Old 03-21-2021, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know this thread is several years old, but I was hoping you could assist in some of the wiring details involved in this project! I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to all of the HID conversion stuff, but I decided to dive right in to this upgrade anyway and purchased two sets of projectors from AliExpress and two sets of Hella mounting plates. I'm about to order the 9005 pigtails and HID ballasts, but I'm unsure if you used four ballasts total (one per headlight) or two total (one per side). You had mentioned making your own Y-adapters, and that's where I got confused. Any help would be so appreciated! I can't wait to run these!
Old 03-21-2021, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CeCeWS666
I know this thread is several years old, but I was hoping you could assist in some of the wiring details involved in this project! I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to all of the HID conversion stuff, but I decided to dive right in to this upgrade anyway and purchased two sets of projectors from AliExpress and two sets of Hella mounting plates. I'm about to order the 9005 pigtails and HID ballasts, but I'm unsure if you used four ballasts total (one per headlight) or two total (one per side). You had mentioned making your own Y-adapters, and that's where I got confused. Any help would be so appreciated! I can't wait to run these!
4 ballast total, 1 for each HID bulb. The y adapter is to split the low beam on each side into 2 so you can plug into each ballast. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Trans Am Cheap Bi-Xenon Projectors! Quad high & low!