Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best Floor Mats...ever?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Floor Mats...ever?

We are AutoPreme, a car accessory company with a mission to disrupt the current auto accessory industry by bringing elegance to the little details. Our first product is our luxurious floor mats. We plan to introduce new products in the future.

We launched earlier this year and have been working on expanding AutoPreme ever since. Now we are proud to announce that within the next couple of weeks we will again be taking new orders and re-launching through our KickStarter Campaign which we plan to launch next week!

We will be offering a set of AutoPreme Floor Mats starting at a low price of $280 (only for Early Birds).The KickStarter prices will be very discounted from our retail price, so make sure to purchase them as soon as we launch! The early bird deals will run out very quickly!

Kickstarter Starting Early Bird Price: $280

Retail Price of a set of AutoPreme Floor Mats: $450-$550

During the first month of launching AutoPreme, we received a great amount of feedback/suggestions. LS1Tech had some of the most popular mats demanded and with this, we not only upgraded the quality of our products, but also added in new customizable features such as the option of choosing a fully carbon fiber heel grip or the original metal heel grips. Most importantly, we have added a new Sports Red, Royal Blue and Silver Gray stitching color specifically geared towards the LS1Tech community. Let us know what you think!

Up until the official launch of our KickStarter Campaign, we will be answering any questions and keeping the LS1Tech community updated. All that we ask is for you to share the excitement of AutoPreme with your friends, family and community!

www.autopreme.com

*Please check out our website for further pictures and don’t forget to subscribe to our mailing list through the link below!

Subscribe Now

Old 05-13-2016, 01:52 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Can you post pics and description of the actual mats that will fit an F-body correctly (and not just close-enough)?

Will they look like that generic pic? I so, unfortunately, I'm not in your target market anyway. Is that the only pattern available? Or is there a more normal looking option? They do seem better made than some cheaper/simpler ones.

If Weathertech made mats for an F-body, I'd buy them. I have Weathertech mats in my Mustang.

Last edited by VIP1; 05-13-2016 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude! Those are good looking mats!
Old 05-13-2016, 07:43 AM
Teching In

These 'products' seem like fantasy at present and are overpriced for an F Body. I'm not a fan of the current quilted look used in several new vehicles.
Might have an application in a Kia or Hyundai.
If you want to sell products to users on this forum don't present generic images. Anyone can design a website and enlist a crowdfunding campaign as a startup.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:38 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree... let's see some f-body pics please.

I'd buy a set if I could see how they look in our cars.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

450$-550$. Get. The. F!#k. Outta. Here. Paid 50$ for these and love them. Not a daily either.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$550? That's rough. Looks good, but hard to justify. Floor mats don't make me go fast...
Old 05-13-2016, 03:16 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Well, I was talking about the $280 price tag. It's high, but if it's quality mats, I'd bite.

But I don't want to bash a new sponsor, but I do have a feeling that this exact post was posted on multiple sites to generate business. Until I see them in an F-body, I won't click buy.

Now if they want to send me a set, and I can take some pictures, and help them, sure, we can work something out. But until then, I'll reserve judgment and payment.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Well, I was talking about the $280 price tag. It's high, but if it's quality mats, I'd bite.

But I don't want to bash a new sponsor, but I do have a feeling that this exact post was posted on multiple sites to generate business. Until I see them in an F-body, I won't click buy.

Now if they want to send me a set, and I can take some pictures, and help them, sure, we can work something out. But until then, I'll reserve judgment and payment.

Its a vbulletin spam advertisement. The vendor is not actually a member it is just a vbulletin account
Old 05-13-2016, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

What we actually need (at least for daily drivers like mine, and not garage queen, summer weekend only. show car toys) is something like the WeatherTech liner 'trays" which they ONLY make for SUVs/trucks, and REFUSE to make for our rides.

These are just whatever durable material they use, but they come up on the sides to catch/contain any and all crap one might drag into the car.

I would DESTROY those 'pretty boy' showcar quilted/tuck and roll deals pictured above in VERY short order, NO MATTER what material they are made from, so I personally would NOT pay even HALF the discount intro rate for them.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

I wouldn't pay 280$ for floor mats for a Ferrarri!
Old 05-14-2016, 08:42 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Those things look GHETTO. After a bunch of people put these in their F-Bodies.....every car in the hood will have them. Then all the FBody people will quickly rip them out....

Old 05-14-2016, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
What we actually need (at least for daily drivers like mine, and not garage queen, summer weekend only. show car toys) is something like the WeatherTech liner 'trays" which they ONLY make for SUVs/trucks, and REFUSE to make for our rides.

These are just whatever durable material they use, but they come up on the sides to catch/contain any and all crap one might drag into the car.

I would DESTROY those 'pretty boy' showcar quilted/tuck and roll deals pictured above in VERY short order, NO MATTER what material they are made from, so I personally would NOT pay even HALF the discount intro rate for them.
This right here. I would kill for WeatherTech floor liner mats. They do make them for most cars as well, not just SUV's and Trucks. Hell Ive though about cutting the floor areas out of a junk car and sending it to them to laser scan the floor, just make them already

Its not that OP's mats are overpriced for what they are, but in an F car they are waaay out of the intended market. While they would look right at home in a high end interior like a Land Rover, Bently ect. , they would stick out like an absolute sore thumb in our cars. It wouldnt even look right in a C6 unless it had a mega buck Caravaggio interior.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

All products are not for every car. I'm a fan of the mats, just doesn't work well with the 4th gen fbody, which is what most around here have. It's really more of a show car thing, and much more fitting in a luxury sedan
Old 05-14-2016, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

I will buy these for the wife's ML - the Catfish, not so much.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:39 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

I don't they've actually made any other than that sample set yet. This is a KickStarter Campaign.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
I don't they've actually made any other than that sample set yet. This is a KickStarter Campaign.
they've done more than that sample. Do a google image search for "autopreme floor mats".. they have site showing their products. 35k Instagram followers says they've got a good fan base for their products. They aren't a company that just started last night. They're probably just doing the Kickstarter thing to help them grow in one way or another.

Of course I never heard of them before today, so they're new to me.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:33 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

In that case they aren't doing a good job marketing here (or on their own website). This is having the opposite effect compared to what they intended/want (which isn't a good scenario to be in when you are trying to grow).

Generic non-targeted copy-paste marketing lacking in real information, pictured product not for our application, no available product(s) for purchase (it said sold out when I looked and directed me to look at Kickstarter)

Last edited by VIP1; 05-15-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tough crowd lol
Old 05-16-2016, 05:56 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Tough crowd lol
You say tough crowd, I say educated consumer crowd. Car guys have gotten burned countless times by small startup and even large companies that fail to deliver on promised goods, so yes, we tend to be a little bit tough when it comes to someone asking to help fund a new product without any images or examples of what you're getting.

Kickstarter programs are extremely risky because lets say you pay by credit card or paypal, depending on the length of the kickstarter, by the time it is supposed to be delivered, you're out of your window to dispute the claim, and now you're out of luck.

So by them putting up a copy/paste post, with generic images from other cars, at a much higher price point that any other option out there, including custom mats, it does leave a bad taste in people's mouths. How much do you want to bet they only went with a one month membership for the site? Get in, generate some revenue, then get out.

Quick Reply: Best Floor Mats...ever?