Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Turn signal not working.. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal not working.. HELP

Not sure where this might go, but My driver side turn signal isnt working. It just stays solid everytime its on, it didnt work for a week, then started working again then stopped. The front signal was out so i put a new one in and still not working... can anyone help me, would it be a fuse??? the other side works just fine.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your rear bulbs first on the side that stays on. If one of those are out it will cause your fronts to stay on. Don't think it's a fuse. If it was a fuse they would not come on at all. I'm pretty sure about this but I could be wrong. If that dosen't work check your flasher relay. The arm in the relay could have shorted and welded itself to one of the poles in the relay. I had one do this to me in Electronics class one day. Pretty wild of course we use relays with clear housings so we can see them work. Then if none of those work check your wire's make sure none of them are cut. With your mods I'm not going to tell you to check if you got the right bulb. I'm sure you could handle that one.

Last edited by skewba98z28; 01-11-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

SOunds like a burnt out bulb . . . .
Old 01-11-2005, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Pull the bulb and check the socket and make sure that it isn't corroded. My p-side socket was corroded and I had to replace it.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by az28vance
Pull the bulb and check the socket and make sure that it isn't corroded. My p-side socket was corroded and I had to replace it.
Thanks guys for your help.

Well when I took the front driver bulb out it had alot of crap, looked like grease... Which might be the cause. Ill check the back bulbs too, but im sure it might have to do with this grease or what ever all over.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's lithuim grease. It's used to help the current flow better from the connector and to keep it from corroding. If there is a lot of it in there then it could be shorting the circuit out. Which would cause your turnsignal relay to stay in one position.

Quick Reply: Turn signal not working.. HELP