Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Washing microfiber towels

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 02:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Washing microfiber towels

HMMM I keep buying new towels and they are not cheap. I have some with Zaino on them, some with NXT, some with 303 protectant and glass cleaner.

I wash the cheaper ones I use on glass and interior in the sink and let them air dry but I'm wondering if anyone washes thiers in the machine. I'm just afraid it will leave residue and the old lady will flip and want to go shopping for new clothes when I ruin hers, cutting into my mod money

What do you guys do? Should I just keep buying new ones I have about 25 18x18 towels now...
Old 04-06-2005, 06:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stick mine in the washer with alittle soap. Make sure that there are no cotton towels in with them. The only thing that I find leaves residue behind in the washer and on clothes is wheels polish (found that out the hard way). Just throw some of your clothes in after your first time washing them just to make sure they come out ok.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

i kinda pre soak mine in the sink with a little dawn for an hour or so, then squeeze them out and toss 'em in the washer on the gentle cycle by themselves (i use tide detergent, just a little). then dry them on low heat, dont use fabric softener. i never have any residue in the washing machine
Old 04-06-2005, 07:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

I even throw in my absorber. Helps get some of the dirt out of it.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use micro restore on mine...I let them soak for a while in a bucket with water and the micro restore, and then toss them in the washing machine with the same stuff. I let them dry on the air only cycle in the dryer for about 3 hours or so, and they are good to go.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Regular

The ones I have said machine wash, machine dry, no softener wash with nothing else. Thats what I do. No residue problems here.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
I stick mine in the washer with alittle soap. Make sure that there are no cotton towels in with them. The only thing that I find leaves residue behind in the washer and on clothes is wheels polish (found that out the hard way). Just throw some of your clothes in after your first time washing them just to make sure they come out ok.
exactly what he said is what i have gone by and i have been washing my towels for about 6 months now and they still look and work good
Old 04-06-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Junkie

I soak mine for a bit, then machine wash on the gentle cycle. I also make it a point to use liquid detergent, since the powdered stuff doesn't always dissolve completely. Nothing like grabbing a towel to buff off a newly polished surface, only to have the towel drag a hard crystal of soap across the finish.

-Mike
Old 04-06-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

only wash microfiber towels with other microfiber towels.. they are lint magnets..

you can use a bounce sheet but ONLY ONE.. or maybe even half of one..

use liquid soap but not too much..
Old 04-06-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm Mine have already been soaked in some dawn. The only liquid I have is woollite that should be OK. I'll wash my towels then some jeans or something Thanks guys getting ready to do the full treatment on the vette
Old 04-06-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

I wash mine regularly in the washer with a micro rejuvenator detergent. I've never had any problems with them or other clothing from the washer. I've even washed some pretty greasy/soiled towels with no bad effects.

Here is my wash routine:
- Wash on the Hot/Cold setting
- Use Liquid Detergent only w/ no bleach and NO fabric softener
- Add White Vinegar to the rinse cycle for added softness and soil release
- Rinse twice
- Dry towels on low heat w/ no fabric sheets

Quick Reply: Washing microfiber towels