Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

reverse open hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question reverse open hood

i am big into the car show scene and thought it would be very cool to have a reverse opening hood. has anyone ever thought of doing this? how difficult would it be and what would be involved in the process of making the hinges? Would Corvette hinges work for our cars? i cant remember their design so im clueless on if they would work?
Old 04-13-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't think the Corvette hinges would work, cause the hood would actually need to go forward as it tilts up to clear the front end, where the vette hood i'm pretty sure just hinges and swings straight up. Can't remember the name of the company, but it was in one of the last issues of PHR where they're making kits for 1st Gen Camaros to have a reverse open hood, and I think they said they'd be making more kits soon.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

yeah i subscribed to the mag and thats actually what gave me the idea. i called the company and they said it was a universal setup and they sent me a packet of info about it. the kit is $2800 and it is fully power. you unlatch, pop the hood, and lift it up with the push of a button. very very cool jus a lil to pricey for me.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you have the time and the resources, you could probable make a system using what you have and maybe some of the vette parts. Just an idea, but toy with it and see what you get. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AltrdPrcptn
yeah i subscribed to the mag and thats actually what gave me the idea. i called the company and they said it was a universal setup and they sent me a packet of info about it. the kit is $2800 and it is fully power. you unlatch, pop the hood, and lift it up with the push of a button. very very cool jus a lil to pricey for me.
Well I have a feeling that to get things to work like they should it's gonna be pricey. Best of luck with it though and keep us updated on how it goes. It'll definately be different.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive seen it done (not on a f-body) with buick park avanue/lasabra hinges they pop up like normal then come forward.

Quick Reply: reverse open hood