Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

paint bubbles

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default paint bubbles

I HAVE THE DREADED BUBBLES!!!!!!!! I did a search on this topic and read through many respoces and many different outcomes on peoples roof getting fixed. I called Chevrolet with the TSB number and she called the service manager at the local dealershit, and he said to bring it down and they would take a look at it. WELL, to say the least I am very PISSED, the guy didnt evenmake it to my car godd and the first fords out of his mouth were "That roof has had work done to it" Bull SHI#@ , my car has never had any body work done to it, so his next excuse was that it had overspray all over it!!! I had afew words with him before storming out mad as a hornet. My question is, has anyone in the Atlanta area had any luck with dealers fixing their roofs? I am even willing to pay a deductable up to $300. Why do the dealerships act like all the money comes out of their pockets? Does anyone has some sort of documentation i can use to help get this matter resolved? I have a 2001 SS w/22k miles, garage kept everyday, never seen a drop of rain. Thanks for any help!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

anybody have a pic of the bubbles. I've heard alot about them but not seen them yet. knock on wood
Old 08-18-2005, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

c'mon i know someone on here has had this problem fixed, PLEASE HELP!
Old 08-18-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by spy2520
anybody have a pic of the bubbles. I've heard alot about them but not seen them yet. knock on wood
Mine look like pimples that are ready to be popped, then when the car is left out in the sun during work, go back out to the car and water or clear is drizzling out of it.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

There is a bulletin from GM regarding this issue .
Old 08-18-2005, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

I have got the TSB reagrding the issue but I am having a problem trying to get a dealership to help me fix the problem. They are acting like they have to pay for it out of their pocket
Old 08-18-2005, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RpSS4844
I have got the TSB reagrding the issue but I am having a problem trying to get a dealership to help me fix the problem. They are acting like they have to pay for it out of their pocket
Try talking with GM
Old 08-18-2005, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by spy2520
Here's a shot of the bubbles.

Bubbles

Scan through the photo album for more pic's.

GM wouldn't cover my repair even having the TSB & talking with people in high places at GM, so I paid for the work myself.

Quick Reply: paint bubbles