Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Possible blue gauge cluster solution for bird owners! [Other then LED]

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible blue gauge cluster solution for bird owners! [Other then LED]

I know a lot of people would love to have a blue gauge cluster [including me!]. But not all of us are brave enough to tear into the dash to that kind of work. There's a company called SpeedHut that makes custom overlay's for many different type of cars. www.speedhut.com

They not only change the color of the lighting, but they can make custom overlays with many different types of designs and logos and you can edit the type of fonts you want. They do not currently make a set for us 97+ Bird/camaro owners, but they will make them once they have 9 more orders for them. http://www.speedhut.com/15orders_el_...mber=12&bhcp=1

If you click on gallery, you can see how customizable their overlays are.

I know the price is a little expensive, but there is less work involved with these overlay's and no worry of "hot spots". And I'm sure they could also make matching overlays for the headlights and HVAC.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:44 AM
TECH Resident

bump for those that haven't seen it
Old 08-22-2005, 07:03 AM
12 Second Club

Gauges like the GTO would be nice, like a style that could match the exterior of your car. I'll have to check this out because if the price is right i may be interested. I'm definitely not into any overlays that are out so far.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

bump again
Old 08-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Teching In

you could do that, or if you just want your stock gauges with blue lighting then take apart your cluster, when you remove the overlay, you will see 5 or 6 little white bulbs. Remove those and go to autozone, they sell blue ones that are the same size. Place those in the gauge cluster, then take 400 or 500 grit sand paper and sand down the back of the overlay everywhere that it is transparent. You have to sand pretty far because the overlay is tinted for to change the colors, when you sand it down the guages will become whatever color that you decide depending on the bulbs you use, so if you get sick of it you can change it to whatever color you want by just changing bulbs. Anyway, there are 2 parts of the cluster that won't be as bright as the rest. Down on the fuel gauge at the far right corner and over on the far left corner (forget what gauge is over there) but when it is dark out and they are on you won't even notice. I constantly get compliments on it and people always ask how much it costed me. When I tell them less then $5 dollars they usually **** right there. It looks amazing and is very cheap to do. You just need to be able to sand and know how to remove your cluster. It's as easy as that, and looks awesome when your done. You should give it a try. Lemme know how you like it
Old 10-12-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T.t.t.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ws six six six
you could do that, or if you just want your stock gauges with blue lighting then take apart your cluster, when you remove the overlay, you will see 5 or 6 little white bulbs. Remove those and go to autozone, they sell blue ones that are the same size. Place those in the gauge cluster, then take 400 or 500 grit sand paper and sand down the back of the overlay everywhere that it is transparent. You have to sand pretty far because the overlay is tinted for to change the colors, when you sand it down the guages will become whatever color that you decide depending on the bulbs you use, so if you get sick of it you can change it to whatever color you want by just changing bulbs. Anyway, there are 2 parts of the cluster that won't be as bright as the rest. Down on the fuel gauge at the far right corner and over on the far left corner (forget what gauge is over there) but when it is dark out and they are on you won't even notice. I constantly get compliments on it and people always ask how much it costed me. When I tell them less then $5 dollars they usually **** right there. It looks amazing and is very cheap to do. You just need to be able to sand and know how to remove your cluster. It's as easy as that, and looks awesome when your done. You should give it a try. Lemme know how you like it
Pics?

On the speed hut gauges, I'd be a little more interested if I knew I didnt have to take off the needles. Maybe the site said something about it but I didnt catch it.

Last edited by kraaazymike; 10-12-2005 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Possible blue gauge cluster solution for bird owners! [Other then LED]