Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Who said Zaino wasn't any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who said Zaino wasn't any good?

pshhhh i guess they weren't using it right.

Old 01-20-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thoughts on Zaino.......if you aren't blinded by the glare of a glass finish , you didn't do something right (lol)
Old 01-20-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car has been sitting in my garage for the past 6-7 months. I had to take out the entire exhaust, transmission, and engine out of the car.

Given for a bit a dust, the Zaino still shines great.

Nothing touches Zaino, I dont' care what ANYONE says.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

What zaino products(combination) did you use. Did you handwax or use a buffer ?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

i agree, Zaino is Amazing! Cant wait to reclaybar my car when it warms up and try the new ZPC and grand finale spray!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 01-20-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

You'll love the Z8 Sealer spray, but I am ska-ert to use the clay bar, and will refrain until I MUST!

Z2/ZFX and a thin coat of Z8 spray afterwards (absorbed into your cotton towelette). Surprisingly, the Z8 goes a long way
Old 01-20-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Zaino is an excellent last step to a properly prepped surface.

Firehawk526: Why are you scared of claybar?

-Mike
Old 01-20-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have never used a claybar setup, and if not used properly can cause irreparable damage to the clear coat. Just heard some horror stories of improper usage/application. I understand you MUST be patient when using the claybar......patience is not one of my strongpoints, but eventually, as the luster diminishes, and I see contaminents building up, then YES, I will use this product.

Honestly, I stay on top of it, and my last Bird (owned 5 years) didn't really need it IMO. "If it ain't broke, don't screw w/it" is my motto.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:26 AM
formerly mystic-t/a (changed 02/05/2013)

Originally Posted by Firehawk526
I have never used a claybar setup, and if not used properly can cause irreparable damage to the clear coat. Just heard some horror stories of improper usage/application. I understand you MUST be patient when using the claybar......patience is not one of my strongpoints, but eventually, as the luster diminishes, and I see contaminents building up, then YES, I will use this product.

Honestly, I stay on top of it, and my last Bird (owned 5 years) didn't really need it IMO. "If it ain't broke, don't screw w/it" is my motto.
Its repairable damage, if you dont have a machine then get some Scratch X. If you use enough lube then you wont have the problem of scratching the paint. Washing your car with a mitt can cause "irrepairable" damage too if you dont lube the mitt good enough. Contaminants are very hard to see on a silver car, but you can feel it. If your car has never been clayed, then I garentee it needs it, just feel the surface and if it isn't as smooth as the inside glass or the door jambs then it needs to be clayed.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Tropicare > Zaino, I don't care what anyone says.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

I use tropicare. Seems to work very well
Old 01-21-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zaino is nice, but the shine in the first pic (while looks great) isn't a Zaino characteristic.. it's just lighting, angle, and clean surface.

These reflections are with absolutely nothing on the paint... I had just finished claybarring, washed again with dawn soap, and took the pics.

I just started my Zaino use, I still don't see anything more impressive than using other waxes as far as shine goes, but the durability and how slick the surface feels is what counts to me, and that's why I bought it. So far so good, but it's only been a few weeks.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

A lot of people complain about a "plastic" looking shine. I'm just not sold on it. Plus, my car is white, pretty much any good polish/glaze/wax will look the same on a white car, it's not one of the colors that showcases a certain gloss or shine very well.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by meissenation
Zaino is nice, but the shine in the first pic (while looks great) isn't a Zaino characteristic.. it's just lighting, angle, and clean surface.

These reflections are with absolutely nothing on the paint... I had just finished claybarring, washed again with dawn soap, and took the pics.

I just started my Zaino use, I still don't see anything more impressive than using other waxes as far as shine goes, but the durability and how slick the surface feels is what counts to me, and that's why I bought it. So far so good, but it's only been a few weeks.
Black cars can shine like that in the right angle with a few days on a wash.