Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Corbeau fbody specific sliders....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbeau fbody specific sliders....

are a ripp off at $90 per side!! or at least it seems like it. it would be over $200 after shipping just folr sliders.

i just got a set of corbeau legacys and now im aboput to install them but the freaking sliders are $90 per side!! does anyone know of any alternatives? when my buddy bought some sparcos his sliders were $60 for both corbeau seems kinda crazy! if i cant fine an alternative then ill go ahead and buy them but my license is suspended until april so its no rush if i can find a better deal somewhere else. like used from a member here or another company that works just as well. thanks for the help guys!!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Modify your stock rails to fit your seats... Do a search for what BitViper did to make his Corbeaus fit...
Old 01-05-2007, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i tried last night and got very very frustrated.they are two inches narrower than stock seats and you have to make them sit up high enought o clear the sliders and all kinds of headaches that im not skilled enough to overcome. i wish i could. i tried searching but it said it wasnt working as usual.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

90 is the MSRP for the brackets and sliders per side. Any reputable shop I'm sure would be willing to make you a deal on them.

My Corbeaus are currently on the way and I paid 60 per side for the brackets and sliders.

And don't get me started on Sparco. Sure their brackets are 60 or 70 bucks. BUT that doesn't get you a slider. You have to pay 45 per side for each slider, then some require an adapter kit of 40 per side and then 15 per side for hardware. I used to work for the #2 Sparco dealer in the country and I ran into problems like that all the time. So some cars had to pay nearly 160 bucks PER SIDE to mount a Sparco seat. Corbeau at least combines the bracket and slider into one.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

I paid 80 each for mine, well worth it when it comes to makeing/modding some to work.

Last edited by ls1mongrel; 05-05-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

When I called Sparco they said they didnt make one for my car and if they had to fab one up it was going to cost around $300 plus shipping plus sliders, I just laughed.

So I ended up fabbing some square 1/4 inch steel piping and made my own. Works like a charm.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok ill have to look for a dealer here locally i guess. here in town we have a firebird place and a half hour north is Sacramento so there are plenty of shops there. my buddy who bought the sparcos has a 97 Acura nsx-t i dont doubt they dont make them for our cars.

does anyone have any pics to contribute? how bout you ls1mongrel?
Old 01-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 530transam
yea i tried last night and got very very frustrated.they are two inches narrower than stock seats and you have to make them sit up high enought o clear the sliders and all kinds of headaches that im not skilled enough to overcome. i wish i could. i tried searching but it said it wasnt working as usual.
Here you go:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...nstalled+seats
Old 01-05-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks man but im worried about the passenger seat. i was ready to do this and go buy the metal and everything but it just doesnt seem like itll be that easy with the passenger seat due to the stupid hump and uneven mounting spots etc. Arn't two of the studs higher than the other two? actually i think only the back two are the same and th front two are two seperate heights. can anyone find a right up of the passenger? should i pm bitviper?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned

thanks man but im worried about the passenger seat. i was ready to do this and go buy the metal and everything but it just doesnt seem like itll be that easy with the passenger seat due to the stupid hump and uneven mounting spots etc. Arn't two of the studs higher than the other two? actually i think only the back two are the same and th front two are two seperate heights. can anyone find a right up of the passenger? should i pm bitviper?
When you do what he did you are attaching your STOCK rails to the aftermarket seats... The stock rails are already made to go over the hump and everything...

You're just basically mounting a flat piece of metal to the bottom of the aftermarket seats so that you can drill holes in the metal and attach the stock rails (with a bolt and nut) where ever they need to attach the the flat metal at...
Old 01-05-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ooohhhh good point lol i totally overlooked that one. i feel stupid. Im sooo imspired now i wish i wasnt going to this stupid pool hall with this really hot girl now. stupid girls dont they know i wanna work on my car? i cant beleive this **** i am so relieved
Old 01-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

ooohhhh good point lol i totally overlooked that one. i feel stupid. Im sooo imspired now i wish i wasnt going to this stupid pool hall with this really hot girl now. stupid girls dont they know i wanna work on my car? i cant beleive this **** i am so relieved
You'll be fine ! Go sink a ball, bust a nut and then finish the install

At the least you better mount something tonight, either those seats or that girl
Old 01-05-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Modify your stock rails to fit your seats... Do a search for what BitViper did to make his Corbeaus fit...
Yeah but then I switched back..its doable..but you need to be shorter tha 6' to make it worth your while..I ended up sitting about 2" too high
Old 01-06-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks again for all the info ive decided to go ahead with the corbeau sliders because im either 6-1 or 6-2. got a few things mounted tonight fellas,but neither of the seats lol. pool was awesome and now im anxious to get those seats in. But i called a few dealers here locally like tognotties if anyones from sac. They want $125 per side!! and these are corbeau authorized dealers so you know its the same thing. Forget it already too much hassle ill just order them from corbeau i just dont know when. urg i have so many installs to do;
headers
y-pipe
y-pipe bump stop
high flow cats
purchase/install borla or equivelant cat back
superbright foglights
the racing seats
all new speakers
two amps to power the kickers
wolfe 8-point roll cage
racing harnesses

all the parts are sitting here i just havnt installed anything yet. im so lazy.lol Demonbird in the x-mas thread you asked for a pic you still want one? i havnt taken it yet but i can if youd like. in fact i will anyway i think its cool ive never had this many parts at once i went overboard lol. i meant to buy my friends/family stuff for x-mas but i accidentaly bought all this instead and then went into reclusion! lol if they caught me id be dead!
Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Banned

thanks again for all the info ive decided to go ahead with the corbeau sliders because im either 6-1 or 6-2. got a few things mounted tonight fellas,but neither of the seats lol. pool was awesome and now im anxious to get those seats in. But i called a few dealers here locally like tognotties if anyones from sac. They want $125 per side!! and these are corbeau authorized dealers so you know its the same thing. Forget it already too much hassle ill just order them from corbeau i just dont know when. urg i have so many installs to do;
headers
y-pipe
y-pipe bump stop
high flow cats
purchase/install borla or equivelant cat back
superbright foglights
the racing seats
all new speakers
two amps to power the kickers
wolfe 8-point roll cage
racing harnesses

all the parts are sitting here i just havnt installed anything yet. im so lazy.lol Demonbird in the x-mas thread you asked for a pic you still want one? i havnt taken it yet but i can if youd like. in fact i will anyway i think its cool ive never had this many parts at once i went overboard lol. i meant to buy my friends/family stuff for x-mas but i accidentaly bought all this instead and then went into reclusion! lol if they caught me id be dead!
Ha! that's awesome ! Yeah, let's see some pics !!!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Teching In

I had heard that the corbeau sliders caused the seat to sit far too high for anyone over 6', and that adapting the factory ones really didn't raise the seat height? Do the power seats have an effect on the installed height? I have the manual sliders. Either way, I need to put some better seats in the car this year, as the factory one sucks on the road course. I am 6'3 and with my helemet on I barely clear the ceiling of the car now.

Any advice would be appreciated..
Old 01-29-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

uh the stock ones adapted on both sides are way too high for me. So high i havnt even drove my car its so uncomfortable. But i keep hearing multiple times that the corbeaus sit the seat way lowert han factory so it should fix it i think. Ive heard they put you right one the ground..
Old 05-12-2007, 11:02 AM
PSN
Teching In

Anyone got any pics of the Corbeau sliders?
Old 05-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned

I finally got my set for $100 for the pair... PM if you still need some.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

demonbird you were slow on this one. lol your usually one of the first to comment my threads but i guess you missed this one.....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-lsx-automobile-discussion/710165-rip-my-trans-am-stolen-last-week.html

try not to cry