Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of Firebirds/Formulas with T/A Rear Bumper - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of Firebirds/Formulas with T/A Rear Bumper - HELP!

I've tried searching for over an hour. There's a guy on here with (I think) a black V6 firebird and he's put the T/A rear bumper on without the side skirts. It has chrome C6's too. Somebody help me find this bird! If not - have any pics of this mod done on other Firebirds or Formulas. I have a 2002 NBM Formula I would like to do this to.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

I've done it to my 97. At first I was concerned with the alignment of the bottom edge of the car and if the bumper would look awkward but now, I think it Looks good. Since the LS1 birds are the same from the doors back I would think it would look fine on yours too.

P.S. The car is going in for paint soon I swear!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pheonix_rising
I've done it to my 97. At first I was concerned with the alignment of the bottom edge of the car and if the bumper would look awkward but now, I think it Looks good. Since the LS1 birds are the same from the doors back I would think it would look fine on yours too.

Not soon enough Im all about being patriotic, but.... no lol
Old 04-12-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pheonix_rising

reminds me of my old 95 Z28. got a cowl hood for it that was green, car was red. funny thing is that the car was red and green for xmas
Old 04-12-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks fine and dandy except for one major problem. The T/A bumper has the molded GFX and they sort of round to the outside of the car, following the mold for the side skirts. The regular rocker panel, minus the gfx, rolls to the inside of the car. This mismatch is what really irks me about that setup. There is literally no flow whatsoever and, IMO, defeats the purpose of the sideskirts / bumper.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a few pics of my Formula with the T/A hatch and bumper cover before I installed the side skirts. I thought that it looked pretty good before I installed the side skirts, but once I did put them on it made it look that much better.

If you do buy the T/A bumper cover make sure that you dont buy the impact absorber. I have one sitting in my basement because I thought that I needed it. The bumper cover will bolt right up on your car with no problems.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Thats hawt.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Anybody have pics with the bumper but with the formula hatch?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Kinda back from the dead here...... I was actually looking for something else and stumbled upon this. I am kinda doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing. I had a T/A and will be going backwards somewhat. It's a 94 and I am removing the front clip and going 98+ there. But instead of T/A, I'm going to do Firebird/Formula cuz I just don't like ground effects. I've already traded my T/A rear bumper cover for a Firebird. So far have decided to leave the high rise hatch. Seen that plenty of times, but does it look gay?

Quick Reply: Pics of Firebirds/Formulas with T/A Rear Bumper - HELP!