Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior dash cracked...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 04:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior dash cracked...

Hey everyone...I got a li'l problem. I got in my car the other day and I thought I noticed a streak on my windshield. I hit my wipers and it didn't come off and as I glanced at my dash I noticed a crack where my windshield meets the dash to where it seperates from the passenger side airbag. This crack is about 16 inches long and splits the defroster dash piece below my windshield back to where it meets the airbag. Where can I get a new piece, other than the dealer of course, that won't over charge me? Thanks...
Old 05-31-2007, 07:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GOOD LUCK.. junk yards,ebay. dealer told me years ago $300.00. mine broke on me trying to remove it to install over lays.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These things break like crazy. Check the parts section of this forum for people who may be selling them. I need one myself so may the best man win!!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can either go to a salvage shop or buy one new. I found a perfect one in a salvage yard but when I was taking it out it split in half. You're probably better off buying one new just because of the fact that they are very fragile.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:06 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by griff71177
Hey everyone...I got a li'l problem. I got in my car the other day and I thought I noticed a streak on my windshield. I hit my wipers and it didn't come off and as I glanced at my dash I noticed a crack where my windshield meets the dash to where it seperates from the passenger side airbag. This crack is about 16 inches long and splits the defroster dash piece below my windshield back to where it meets the airbag. Where can I get a new piece, other than the dealer of course, that won't over charge me? Thanks...
Join the club. Try gmpartsdirect. That is where I got mine. Then I turned around and sold my old one to a guy through eBay for $51 + SH.

Quick Reply: Interior dash cracked...