Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Front Bumper Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Front Bumper Cover

Is there a link anywhere about adjusting or removing/installing the front bumper cover?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 357 Likes on 270 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

tell me why you are taking it off and i can give you a basic write up, i ask why cause that will help me with the write up
Old 06-28-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My bumper cover has been removed before (by previous owner) and had a fender replaced. Anyway I have a pretty decent gap between the top of the fender and the bumper cover and I just want to adjust it and close the gap.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 357 Likes on 270 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

ahh so you arent pulling the hole thing you just want to adjust it?

if so open the hood and look for 4 bolts around your washer fluid resevoir, they arent attatched to the bumper but will let you adj it a little.

if that doesnt work then comes the really fun part. it starts under the car having acces to a lift would make this handy, but if not throw her on jack stands and crawl under begin by pulling the pop rivets out around the radiator area shoud be 4 i think then start undoing the bolts that hold the plastic shroud behind the bumper that covers up to the fender well area. doing this will give you better access to where you need (or if you are skinny there is a latch that is there to work on the fog lights.) what you are looking for are 3 bolts in the area where the fender and bumper meet, be sure not to mistake them with a metal bracket not more than 3 inches below those bolts i cant remember what they are for but they are not for the bumper.) when you losen them that should allow you to adjust the gap to your fender. once you eliminate gap reverse process.

not as indepth as some write ups but it should get the job done shoud you have questions just ask or if there is a part unclear to you just ask and ill try and explain better and if that doesnt work ill send you pics as i just pulled mine off to make the swap easier
Old 06-28-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two 7mm screws between the fender and the head light. These hold the gap between the fender and bumper cover closed, I would check to see if they were left out when the cover was last off the car.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys I'm sure that is enough to get me there

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Cover