Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Hey what happend to my Turning a Z28 into a SS thread?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey what happend to my Turning a Z28 into a SS thread?

As the heading says, what happend to it? Its gone!Moderators please explain.

Last edited by Z28XTC; 11-02-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out of curiosity are you in the market for an ss hood?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:07 AM
TECH Regular

No sorry I have found a crbon fiber SS hood but a original SS spoiler I would look at.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

why does anyone want to hear this crap about z28 to SS. its simple if u want to put a different badge on your car do it, its your car and our **** opinion.

sorry i just hate this subject
Old 11-02-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28SS
sorry i just hate this subject
And that's probably why it got locked. Not you personally, but a lot of people feel that way. The fact is, the "I want to make my car look like an SS"/"Should I put SS badges on a non SS?"/"What are the differences between a Z28 and an SS?" threads have been done HUNDREDS of times. Your (Z28XTC) thread may have been new to you, but it was definitely not new to this site. The search feature seems to be working again, so I suggest you use it. For some people (mostly SS owners), it's a very touchy subject. In a way, it cheapens the car some of them paid a premium for. The SS is/was more than a body kit.

In the end, it's your car, so you do what you want with it. If you want to paint it pink and run flower-shaped rims on it, go ahead. Just don't expect everyone to like it.

-Mike
Old 11-02-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
And that's probably why it got locked. Not you personally, but a lot of people feel that way. The fact is, the "I want to make my car look like an SS"/"Should I put SS badges on a non SS?"/"What are the differences between a Z28 and an SS?" threads have been done HUNDREDS of times. Your (Z28XTC) thread may have been new to you, but it was definitely not new to this site. The search feature seems to be working again, so I suggest you use it. For some people (mostly SS owners), it's a very touchy subject. In a way, it cheapens the car some of them paid a premium for. The SS is/was more than a body kit.

In the end, it's your car, so you do what you want with it. If you want to paint it pink and run flower-shaped rims on it, go ahead. Just don't expect everyone to like it.

-Mike

and that just about sums it up perfectly.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Sweet then no problem!! But how pathetic to lock a thread cause some people dont like the content. Like SS Camaro ***** or something.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Launching!

You pissed off the wrong people, bud.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

its not that people dont like the subject...er at least i doubt thats why it was closed. I think its such a stupid question...its like "should i wipe my ***?" i mean if you wanna do it then youre gonna do it, no matter what everyone says. it just gets everyone riled up.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

If you have a hood,spoiler and SS badges is there anything else you need to turn a Z28 into a SS appearance wise? That was my original question not if I should wipe my *** or not ahh sorry I mean should I do it or not. It was just an idea hahaha you guys are so serious about this its nuts.Here is my last post I wrote on the last thread explaining why:

Who cares either way? they are all camaros! If someone wanted to put SS emblems on their car..who cares! Also, I think I like the look of the SS emblems anyway..its kind of a appearance mod I agree SS badges look sweet and this car is in Japan right now and is going to New Zealand this month where there are very few 4th gen SSs to be seen but there are lots of Z28s and as this car has Konis,Strano Sway bars ZR1 R315s and F275s plus countless other upgrades better than a stock SS anyway. I thought it would be cheap and easy to have something different to everyone else there plus give folks at home something different to drool over. I am buying a carbon fiber SS hood(weighs 11lb) and paiting it black anyway so whats the problem with adding that sick looking spoiler and those sick looking SS Badges. If anyone asks I will tell them.

Last edited by Z28XTC; 11-02-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

What else are you trying to get from this thread? Your question was answered in the last thread and I imagine this thread will result in the same debate, which has been debated over time after time... so, again i ask, what else do you want?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Why is it acceptable to take an old LeMans, or Malibu, & clone it as a GTO or Chevelle SS & make big money on it these days, But people frown on the Z28-SS thing?

Mostly because some people fraudulently pose the original Z28 as a real SS to gain additional sales dollars. Which is of course wrong.

If you state honestly that it is a true Z28 with the added badging when trying to market it to someone, fine. But don't tell everyone you have an SS & try to pose it as one.

Anyway, If I were you were, I'd just give up on the idea of finding what exactly is needed from other people. The majority of others don't agree with it.
Just research it & do it on your own, & give the thread a rest, ...
Old 11-02-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Why are we getting straight back into the discussion when he was just asking where his thread went? That thread was getting out of hand and that's just where this thread is going.

IBTL
Old 11-02-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

The Neo ****'s probly closed it....
Old 11-02-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

This is going no where good...
Old 11-02-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna leave this up long enough for you to read it before I lock it. STOP MAKING THIS THREAD. I removed it the first time because it was 8 pages of bullshit. Your going to have to research the topic on your own because it is a VERY touchy subject.

Threads like these are nothing but open range for spammers.

Quick Reply: Hey what happend to my Turning a Z28 into a SS thread?