Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

POR15 under DYNAMAT inside ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POR15 under DYNAMAT inside ?

I have search POR15 and found it for Exhaust and a few listings for frame, has anyone coated the whole belly of thier car is this stuff? Im talking bumper to bumper. I will be driving in PA/NY snow and salt, now I am not going ot be driving this all winter (i hope) but there is still salt on the first fresh day of spring and the rain.
Im getting a heck of a deal on a 98 Z28 ($3800.00) and I just want to make sure that this is a good idea.

Also is dynamat a good idea for the inside, to cut down on heat and noise. Do i have to take the carpet insulation out after I do or can I put it right back down?

Pictures would be great, you can PM me with pictures or send them to my yahoo. Thanks all in advance

Last edited by kjvail1204; 12-03-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Banned

I don't see how it would hurt anything to por15 the belly. It's rust inhibitor, so it should just protect everything. I did my axle on my old atv with por15, and it held up through all the abuse of motox and trails. And i'm pretty sure you can leave the insulation on your carpet after you dynomat everything, it shouldn't hurt.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

POR15 will work great on the underside of your car.

If you are looking for a nice silent ride, I would spray the inside of the car in Stinger Road Kill spray in liner and then Stinger mats (or dynamat)

I did my 99 C5 in that combo and it was SILENT inside...almost eerie.

Ask around in the stereo section, lots of good help for this kinda stuff in there. One thing you may here alot is the roofing tar liner that home depot sells....it works, but it is annoying to install and doesn't work as good as the other stuff.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

If your going to do that much I would look into Rust Bullit rather than POR15. It's easier to apply. I've used both and Rust Bullit was very simple to use and too a lot less prep
Old 12-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

I have heard great things about POR15 and I have seen a few demonstrations of it. I have never heard of the other one. I guess thats why I am doing this. So I am the best informed when I make my desicion. If there is anyone else that has used these two products or any others please help me out here...lol
Old 12-03-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Go for Elemental Designs edead for the inside. POR15 + the Road Kill will be great on the undercarriage.

I used the liquid edead, the v1SE, v1, and v4/teklite. My camaro is very quiet for what it is. Not quite a camry, but definitely corolla territory.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Nice the quiet is a plus, for the radio, i love my 80's hair band music. I just want good lasting protection under, and inside, i was thinking daynamat, but that reallys isnt water proof, northern cars, can rust from the inside as well. I dont want a snowy boot rottin my floor out, ill take a look at what you guys have said, if any of you have pictures or can get them please either PM or Email them to me, i would love too see this on the car..
Old 12-04-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

we had a 1969 dodge charger and we did the entire underneath of the car and the whole floor on the inside of the car with black por15. it turned out really good and the guy loved it. if your really serious about the floor rotting from the inside just just por 15 the floor as well and then apply the dynamat after it has cured and then put your carpet back in. its a big job though.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Big jobs arent a big deal. i am looking over all best, and cost effective. I dont have the car now as I am in Iraq, my budy who I am buying if from will be doing the work. I mean I dont want him to be out on my car for days but we have some time to kill.
He is building a rock crawler, he is droping an LS6 into his Rublicon(that is currently in the camaro), and putting 2.5 ton axles on it, and then big ole tires. So in between his breaks he said he would work on mine, I got around 9 months anyhow. (god willing but i Know the army more like 12)
I was jsut currious, POR15 will go a long way I know, cover the belly and the inside? and then Dynamat. I think that sounds like a good idea. I dont know if it will rust but being up north there is a chance, and I dont want to put all the time in work in and then find a whole in the floor in 5 years. I want to know its solid all the way, and plus it will help it look better.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dynamat is expensive, I too recommend edead its good. I used it on the inside of my trunk(our camaro trunks lol) and the sound and bass was a huge improvement. I didn't use it on the rest of the car but im sure it would be quiter if you plan to do the whole car. One thing is you're adding weight with dynamat or edead or other but the music clearity is a major improvement..
Old 12-04-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

both are good for whichever you wanna go with. just por 15 the underneath and the inside floor, and then add edead or dynamat on the inside flooring so it doesnt get messed up. also if theres any rust grind it all off and if its really pad put a patch panel in.

Quick Reply: POR15 under DYNAMAT inside ?