Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Another question about installing gauges

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another question about installing gauges

Ok, so I have been reading on how to install an after market gauge that reads water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure. I know how they drill and tap piece above the oil filter for oil pressure and how they get to the freeze plug from under the engine by spark plug #8 to install another water temp gauge but I've been looking for alternatives to make the installation a little easier and I need your opinion.

First, since I will bee needing two locations for a oil pressure sensor and oil temp sensor I was looking at getting an oil filter adapter that has extra holes for what I need but I need to know which one to get. Please click on the link and tell me which one I would use or give me your opinion. http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/index...TS&Category=37

As for the temp gauge I was thinking about this http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/index...TS&Category=39
instead of doing the hole freeze plug thing.

So look at those two adapters and tell me what you think. Now, if I go with those adapters will I need to by separate sensors or should the proper gauges come with what I need?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Wow this section moves fast. I was kind of hoping to have an answer already so I can purchase the parts. Any help please.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like you are just trying to simplify the install. If so, it is easiest to hook up to the stock sensor and wiring for your after market gauges. Since you are replicating the oil pressure and water temp, just hook up to the signal wires from each OEM sensor. then you will only need to drill and tap for the oil temp sensor. MOST after market gauges will come with the proper sensor for installing the guage.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Well I still want the gauges in the cluster functional but the only thing is that I have the steering wheel all the way tilted up and I can't see them so that's why I'm going with the three gauge pod. I actually called the place and they hooked me up with the correct parts and yes I was looking for a way to simplify things and this is the answer. I ordered the parts and I will install everything at my next oil change but thanks for your response.