Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need your criticism!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Fiery Features Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need your criticism!!!

The Houston Autorauma and a few other big name shows are coming up in the next few months. I want to make my car as perfect as I can get it. People are always telling me how much they love my car, which makes me feel absolutely wonderful. However, it really isn't helping me fix what needs to be fixed. So, could you please look at these pictures and tell me what is wrong with the car and what I could do to make it look better. Thanks a bunch!
Be as harsh and you need to be... I'm a big girl, I can handle it (it will only sting for a little while)

Old 07-21-2003, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Need your criticism!!!

first thing I would do is paint the side view mirrors to color match. That would make the car flow better IMO. Also when you do show the car make sure to remove the the coil hanging ( I beleive that's from a laser/radar dector). You probably were planning on doin that . Pay attention to details, like the door sills that are dirty. Touch those up with Vinylex or something. Just take time and really detail the car.

Other than that, that's one sweet ride

BTW where are the engine pics? that is another critical area.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

I love the paint, the only thing I see is the mirrors and maybe a C/F dash kit or something to make the interior look as good as the exterior
Old 07-21-2003, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like 2K2CamaroSS, painting the mirrors would help it flow better that was one of the first things I noticed.

passenger side seat bracket looks a little rusty

other then the mirrors the exterior looks really good.

Interior looks clean and stock (which is hardly a bad thing), but since the outside of the car doesnt look so stock it kinda clashes. so maybe some billet accessories to dress up the interior maybe? which would also kinda match your head unit. maybe some custom leather seats with the exterior color for inserts and something on the headrests. just some thoughts.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Embrodery(sp) on the seats would be nice, CAMARO over the camaro logo would be slick. Just something bright colored to stand out against the black. (Take a look at the 30th anniv. 97s headrest for a starting point).

Old 07-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clean the plastic on the door sills, clean the paint on the door sills, wax the inside of the door sills, polish your windows, clean and dress your console and dash, get rid of the cord hanging in front of your face and detail your paint with a halogen light bulb of industrial strenght then bring the car out in the sun then clean the car with alcohol and go back into the halogen and fix more defects.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Teching In

That car looks great. The only thing that I would say is the mirrors, embroidery on the seats, and do somthing to the headunit to mask it more "into" the dash rather than a big bubble sticking out. I"m not wure if there's much that you can do to that head unit because of depth mounting, but it would help the interior flow better.

~Lucius
Old 07-21-2003, 03:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

1. Get rid of the truck grille and get a silver painted Wings West grille. This will complete the "silver" front end and clear lights, and make the car much smoother up there.

2. Definitely paint the mirrors cranberry

3. 2nd Gen nose emblem (chrome) to replace the stock red/white/blue emblem. I think some of the mid-70s model Camaros had the same size/shape emblem there, but metal.

4. Drilled/Slotted brake rotors, and polish your calipers so that they shine like the wheels. Brake rotors make a BIG difference in looks.

5. A black radio, to match the interior/dash better

6. A later model Z28 steering wheel, they just look less truck-like, and have radio controls.

7. Cranberry leather seat inserts, cranberry leather steering wheel wrap. Silver "Z28" embroidered in head rests.

8. TransAm dash gauge bezel. Camaro gauges are pretty boring. I'm buying one of these next week.

Old 07-21-2003, 04:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Get rid of the truck grille and get a silver painted Wings West grille. This will complete the "silver" front end and clear lights, and make the car much smoother up there.

2. Definitely paint the mirrors cranberry

3. 2nd Gen nose emblem (chrome) to replace the stock red/white/blue emblem. I think some of the mid-70s model Camaros had the same size/shape emblem there, but metal.

4. Drilled/Slotted brake rotors, and polish your calipers so that they shine like the wheels. Brake rotors make a BIG difference in looks.

5. A black radio, to match the interior/dash better

6. A later model Z28 steering wheel, they just look less truck-like, and have radio controls.

7. Cranberry leather seat inserts, cranberry leather steering wheel wrap. Silver "Z28" embroidered in head rests.

8. TransAm dash gauge bezel. Camaro gauges are pretty boring. I'm buying one of these next week.

I agree and will add the following..

9. Paint the calipers and brackets.. better yet take them off, have them ground sooth and then powder painted.. add the CAMARO caliper decals from Afterthoughs. (and do the Baer Eradispeed rotors)

10. Get the 200mph white guages from Granetelli Motorsports.. this with the TA Bezel really livens up the dash.

11. Paint the interior trim. but have it PROFESSIONALLY done.. sanded, primed painted and cleared.. I would go with gloss black, will add a nice contrast and be subtle.

12. Billet pedals.. Sullivan Racing dose a nice set with Z28 milled in them.

13. aftermarket shifter handel, im no expert but I think they make em for autos these days..

14. Embroidery in the seats or better yet get TA font seats done to match the back but add cranberry inserts (like XSTAZ28's) .. silver Z28 embroidery on this as well.. hey, you didnt say cheap suggestions

15. Power antenna from GM.. easy to do and only $70

16. Rear CAMARO fill ins..

That should keep you busy for a little while

Most important thing at shows??? CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN -- best of luck
Old 07-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Yeah, like they said. The interior looks a little sleepy
compared to the exterior.

The katzkin leather interior GP ends tomorrow, so
if you want a good deal on that, I think the
maroon or medium red would be good for your seats.

https://ls1tech.com/threads/showflat...14&fpart=1
Old 07-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Fiery Features Director

I already have the aftermarket leather but I do think the logo would be a great idea. You guys don't realize how much you have helped me out. You all gave me some great ideas and I will definately use them!

Reasons for no "under the hood" pictures is because it is under construction at the moment I had a little accident with the nitrous and blew a huge hole into the main nitrous line. Brian and I are pulling everything out to redo it. Once everything is back in place, I will take some pictures.

Thanks again guys... keep the suggestions coming!

BTW- Can you tell me where to get the seat logo embroidery done? Also, is there a place that makes custom floor mats that would look good in my car? Last thing, should I go with billet interior or carbon fiber? There will be more shiny stuff under the hood after the turbo goes in so I don't know if I should do the interior to match.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I think carbon fiber looks cool, but is kind of the current trend. Maybe go with some sort of brushed aluminum and billet instead. I think carbon fiber will soon play itself out for the next trend. Maybe Steve2000SS has some forecasts on the next "thing to do" material.

Remember when everyone fleck-stone painted their interiors? What about tweed upholstery? Add carbon fiber to that list soon...

Any embroidery shop in Houston should be able to handle the seat covers. I know of one on the East side of Houston that I could refer you to. He makes my LS1TECH decals.

Might be easier just to have the leather on the door panels embroidered. Maybe even have some silver flames sewed into them?

Old 07-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Chop-Foo Director

I personally don't like billet. I'd go CF.
I could photochop it on your car, but I'm having
issues with my web server.

Tell brian to check his pm's damnit!
Old 07-21-2003, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check these out: http://usspeedonline.com/Merchant2/m...roduct_Count=0
Old 07-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't forget to remove the stickers on your windshield. That's all I have to add. Steve and Tony summed up everything quite nicely.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

The stickers on the lower driver's corner of her windshield are required by TX state law. All cars in TX have them there.

We are also supposed to run front plates, but I'd rather pay the tickets

Tony
Old 07-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Fiery Features Director

Yep, I can't remove those stickers because that would just give the cops another reason to pull me over.

I do like those floor mats but I noticed they don't have them in factory colors. Would their colors match my interior. Does anyone have those exact floor mats so I can see pictures of them in your car? Do you think the flames on the doors would be too much? I don't want to make the car ricey... but I do want it to look good.

I will tell Brian to check his pm's! He has actually been busy today so I am sure he hasn't had much time to check the boards. I would really appreciate (when you get your computer fixed) if you could photoshop different things on my car to give me some ideas... if you have time! NO rush.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try SLP for floormats, not many choices though... And expensive.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Hoiw about a spoilelr like the 98-02 SS one to compliment the after market hood, or a 5" from G2 or rksport.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd paint the side mirrors then leave it, but if you take in too many suggestions, you lose a bit of personal touch and you end up with too much crap on a car. Do what makes you happy and what makes you feel comfortable when you get into it.
I've always gone the 'less is more' route and um: http://www.mctullis.com/trophy.jpg
*cough*nationalcarshow*cough*
Don't go overboard...50% of the cars at Autorama i just shake my head at and wonder 'why?'.

P.S. I've always liked the looks of 98+ SS spoilers and it'd finish off the flow of your car all the way to the tail. But that's just me.

Quick Reply: Need your criticism!!!