Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOP 350 onto an LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BOP 350 onto an LS1?

Got a free TH350 out of a 71 Tempest in good working order. At minimum it's a good core. Just need to know if anything special needs to be done to fit it into a 99Z. I don't think that top bolt hole will be an issue, other than that the BOP and Chevy ones bolted up the same correct?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
Got a free TH350 out of a 71 Tempest in good working order. At minimum it's a good core. Just need to know if anything special needs to be done to fit it into a 99Z. I don't think that top bolt hole will be an issue, other than that the BOP and Chevy ones bolted up the same correct?
If it is a bop, it doesn't interchange with chevrolets. Although, there were some bopc that have the chevrolet bolt pattern. You'll just have to see if it has the chevrolet pattern.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a universal case with both BOP and Chevy bolt patterns.

The red dots are the BOP holes, as you can see, only two will bolt up to an LS1.

I've bolted a BOP th350 to a gen 1 with an adapter plate before, those top bolts on the BOP trans case were damn near impossible to get to so I drilled holes in the floor. The car had solid engine mounts, the body was lowered on the subframe, and the engine moved back 2 inches.

Not that the last part of that matters.
I don't think it's worth trying to make it work on an LS1.

Attached Thumbnails BOP 350 onto an LS1?-th350.jpg  
Old 07-26-2009, 02:49 AM
Banned

thanks guys, I'll send it off to someone who can use it!

if it needs adaptors and modifications, it's not worth it.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Teching In

do you still have it?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Teching In

this tranny will work fine with ls1 i am putting it in my s10 swap
the th350 only bolts up with five bolts on ls1 and lots are using them today
Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

Remember the transmission is only as good as the builder, even if you are using all top of the line components. There is a lot more than just exchanging parts when remanufacturing a transmission. I have been rebuilding high performance, racing and daily driver transmissions for over 26 years and I am a man with integrity. One thing for sure, you will not be disappointed. We are always available to provide technical assistance to help ensure that we setup the right transmission and torque converter for your application.

We build bulletproof transmissions! It is critical that we know how you are running your vehicle and the needs you have for your application. If you're running nitrous, superchargers or turbo-chargers, please be sure to give us this information. We cannot setup the right transmission for your application without this information.

Please contact me for a professional consultation regarding your needs. We are happy to provide you with references both here in the United States and Internationally. Be sure to check out our website at maddogtransmissions.com

Hear what our customers and fans say on our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions

We also accept orders over the phone. Be sure to contact us and we will recommend the correct transmission for your application. For your convenience, we accept PayPal and all major credit and debit cards.

If you prefer, we can call you personally, just e-mail us your phone number.

All our transmissions are very strong and reliable, and can be used for everyday driving. Extended warranties are also available.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Web: www.maddogtransmissions.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions
Twitter: www.twitter.com/maddoglou
YouTube: www.youtube.com/maddogtransmissions

Quick Reply: BOP 350 onto an LS1?