Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fresh Trans Seems To Be Slipping... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fresh Trans Seems To Be Slipping... HELP

I finally got my 01 b4c back together with fully rebuilt motor/trans. Trans was built by a very well known mechanic that specializes in high performance rebuilds. While I had the car on the stands right after I first got it running I ran it through the gears and it shifted through just fine all the way up to 70 mph so i just put it in neutral and let it coast to a stop. I filled the stall before I installed it and the dipstick shows it is full. Once I put the car on the ground and tried to drive it I had nothing. It barely moves and seems to be slipping bad but will move in first. I intend to check line pressure this weekend but wanted to know of anything else I might look at on it while im there. It is a 4l60e with tci 3600 stall. All new clutches and kevlar band with transgo kit. I am no transmission pro but it sounds to me like it could be a pump problem since it will shift through all the gears on the stands. Any ideas?
Old 02-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Nobody has any ideas?!?!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Did you ever figure out what it was? My brand new tci keeps slipping/surging under throttle and won't even hold enough load to get a decent tune done
Old 05-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

I figured out that my new stall was junk from the get go... Just my luck!!! It shot debris through the whole tranny so I got to pull it all apart again and check everything. I have the transgo kit in it with the new transgo separator plate... The trans works perfect through all the gears now but only when you go through them manually like manual one two three then drive. If you try to take off in drive it doesn't grab and go... Do I need to drill the holes in the separator plate per wherever the shift kit says? The transgo kit requires you to drill holes out in certain places but I was told with the transgo separator plate those new holes were already there. Is this true or did i get false info and need to drill the holes even though it is the transgo plate?