Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VehicleSpeedSensor concerns 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VehicleSpeedSensor concerns 4L60E

My stocker VSS was leaking so I swapped it out with one I picked up from the local Orielly's and now my car acts all jacked up. The thing acts like it doesn't want to shift properly. Revs up high and shifts when it wants to. I through my stocker away after I installed the new one like an idiot so now I cant just swap o-rings and instll my stock one back into see if this takes care of my problem. Anyone else ever had an issue like this? Hell does anyone have a stock VSS out of a wrecked camaro 4L60E that they would like to get rid of. What can I do to figure this out? I may end up getting one from GM or go to a salvage yard and pull one if need be!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I've never really had anything on my car from the junk yard although I would assume most folks dont swap this sensor out that often. I wish I wouldn't have thrown away my original and had swapped the 2 o-rings around. I couldn't find an o-ring that size around here where I'm at in bum **** egypt aka... Warrensburg, MO! I feel that the original in the tranny's would be better off like you said then a china made one. Damn it I cant believe I trashed that ****. Lesson learned. Anyone have a wrecked car that has one that I can get?