Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 4l60E issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 4l60E issues

I'm posting for a friend. He just got his new tranny from monster transmissions.
When we was putting it in everything went by the book.
But today he took it out for a longer run and everything was fine (42 miles), he stopped at the store and came back out ran fine till he got to an incline then it would go neutral. He can turn the car off for a min and re start it and he can drive it for a few min and it would go back out. The code reader was saying trans low pressure switch. He does have a small drip coming from the tail housing area around the speed sensor. Is it possible that there might be a slight air leak there causing air pockets. Any help with this would be great.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Unfortunalty its either low on fluid or has some internal issue to lose all movment . I would add fluid and see then pull pan and see if somethings in there

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-25-2010, 04:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Possible low fluid level or damaged/restricted filter. I've seen the filter stem pipe get cracked, which would suck in air if the fluid level falls below it. Kinda like a having hole half-way up on your soda straw. Unfortunately, if the filter is already restricted, it's probably contaminated from something self-destructing inside the tranny or the converter. If add'l fluid seems to solve the problem, it still would not hurt to take a look inside the pan & inspect the filter. A leak from the tail hsng will not cause this issue unless it leaked enough to affect the fluid level. No kind of pressure or suction in that area. The Monster crew are stand-up guys. I'm sure they will take care of your friend if there is a tranny issue.