Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200r4 shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200r4 shifting problems

hi i'm having problems with my 200r4 trans shifting , it's in a 91 mustang with a chevy LSX engine , i just had the trans built this winter (builder is no help)and i have no where to turn so i thought i'd give this a shot ,

1st off i'd like to explain how i adjusted my tv cable , i pushed the cable adjuster all the way in , then at the carb i gave it WOT , and the cable ratched out .. at WOT , i drove the car and the trans is whining real loud 1st and 2nd gear (manual shifting it) and didnt want to shift into 3rd only at high RPM and was a very hard shift , so i pulled over and adjusted the cable out 1 click and that seemed better so kept driving i put the trans in drive and it doesnt whine in "drive" only if i manual shift it also i cant get it to shift into
4th ( OD ) back roads or on the highway, i shifted from 3rd to 4th then 4th to 3rd and it doesnt make a difference now in 4th if i let off the gas a little the rpm's drop and it seems to go to 4th ..but as i get back on the gas the rpm's go back up as if it's kicking back the 3rd , i pulled over again and brought the adjusted out 2 clicks and that didnt help either ... what can i do.. or what am i doing wrong ..as i stated the builder is NO help .thanks

Quick Reply: 200r4 shifting problems