Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 4l60 and ABS problems???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 4l60 and ABS problems???

Hey guys first off let me say long time reader first time writer on here. I just installed a brand new 4l60 in my DD truck took old one out put new one in no problems but now my abs kicks in at low speeds like stopping at a stop sign or something then every now and again the "service brake system" comes up. Is there a sensor or something I can check to get this to stop? Is this common? Otherwise everything is great on it the new tranny has 350 miles on it and this only problem I have had any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance
Old 11-09-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-10-2010, 05:29 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Goose I may not have the right answer here but I will offer a bit of advise. Not sure if this vehicle had sat for a while or not. I have seen wheel sensors pick up rust from the rotor after sitting for a long time on vehicles in general after sitting. Also check your VSS sensor in the transfer case. Makes sure that it is clean and free of debris. The first place to look is really at the sensors if I had to guess. Take a look and see what you find. Vince
Old 11-10-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Vince I also responded to you on pt.net as well but I'm goin to crawl under it take a look I appreciate the help man if this helps or not I'll let you know