Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help, TBSS won't shift automatically, shifts manually

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Need Help, TBSS won't shift automatically, shifts manually

I have a buddy of mine that has a 2006 TBSS with 52,000 miles and he was doing normal 40mph driving and then he came to a stop and he took off and it hiccupped for a second but then it shifted okay. He drove a lil distance at the same speed and then when he came to a stop again it wouldn't take off. I told him to manually shift it and he said he could manually shift it but it wouldn't shift automatically. We checked the fluid and it smells and looks ok and is the right level. Is this a mechanical issue or an electronic issue?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I have a buddy of mine that has a 2006 TBSS with 52,000 miles and he was doing normal 40mph driving and then he came to a stop and he took off and it hiccupped for a second but then it shifted okay. He drove a lil distance at the same speed and then when he came to a stop again it wouldn't take off. I told him to manually shift it and he said he could manually shift it but it wouldn't shift automatically. We checked the fluid and it smells and looks ok and is the right level. Is this a mechanical issue or an electronic issue?
He broke the forward sprag. It is very common with the 4L65e transmission. It needs a rebuild now for sure.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, that sucks monkey *****. He just got the truck 8 months ago.

Quick Reply: Need Help, TBSS won't shift automatically, shifts manually