Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th400 questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 05:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default th400 questions...

okay so i got my th400 in today. now is there any way to get my speedo to work? i have strange brakes in the front and they use their own hub without the abs/speed sensors in them. Is there any other way i can get it to work? btw it was a m6 car. Also, can i run all rubber hose for my tranny cooler or do i need to run hardline for it? I have transmission hose right now but was told that i should do hardline instead? and do i need to run a flexplate shield to be legal at the track? i dont see anything in the rule books for a flexplate shield until 9.99's and im just making the car legal up till 10.00's cuz the cage and everything wont be legal then anyways.
thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I have a setup that uses a reluctor and speed sensor that will work with the stock PCM.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1curt
okay so i got my th400 in today. now is there any way to get my speedo to work? i have strange brakes in the front and they use their own hub without the abs/speed sensors in them. Is there any other way i can get it to work? btw it was a m6 car. Also, can i run all rubber hose for my tranny cooler or do i need to run hardline for it? I have transmission hose right now but was told that i should do hardline instead? and do i need to run a flexplate shield to be legal at the track? i dont see anything in the rule books for a flexplate shield until 9.99's and im just making the car legal up till 10.00's cuz the cage and everything wont be legal then anyways.
thanks
Not sure if you are aware of the sticky's at the top of the main. If you dig around in there you will find most of the info in there for what you have to do. I'm pretty sure with this setup below you will have to recalibrate you vss tables because your car was a M6. This setup IIRC is around $150.

"Use the speedometer items from a 3L80 (3 speed trans) truck, part numbers were previously posted (GM# 8655291, 8655315), they work perfectly on ex-A4 cars. Just cut the (will verify wire colors) wires and splice them to the connector (p/n: 12085498) "

On your cooler lines I would recommend if you are not going to run hard lines that you at least use -6 fittings with steel or nylon braided hoses. This way the actual hose has some protection on the outside and you can route them the way you would like. Make sure to secure them along the way and leave some slack in between moving or torquing parts as you work your way to the front of the car.

As far as safety equipment is concerned don't always think of this it as whats legal or not. I know we have rules to follow when racing but this is one topic most need to improve on. Think about your safety first! I have a friend that at the end of the racing season launched part of a drum from inside his transmission through a floor board! If he would have had a blanket or a shield this could have been avoided. This was in a car running close to yours. So as far as safety equipment I say do it.

Good luck wrapping things up. I'm sure Jake can get you just about any thing you need so give him a call. Hope this helps. Vince
Old 12-12-2010, 11:33 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jake do you have a link to the parts, i looked at your site but couldnt find anything. thanks for the info Vince, yeah im def running a tranny blanket, but prob not a flexplate shield, its an sfi flexplate anyways.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:55 AM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1curt
Jake do you have a link to the parts, i looked at your site but couldnt find anything.
You should give him a call instead.