Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

to any one running glides....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to any one running glides....

about ready to get tranny done...its a stock casing out of my 1964 nova ss.
and not to sure about what kits are out ther good to buy...need somthing to handle about 700 to the wheels on the unit....any advice would help thanks..
Old 03-01-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ls_Nova
about ready to get tranny done...its a stock casing out of my 1964 nova ss.
and not to sure about what kits are out ther good to buy...need somthing to handle about 700 to the wheels on the unit....any advice would help thanks..
I'm not smart enough to figure out where you are. If you're near Tucson haul it to Sharp's Automatic Transmission. It's in the book. He's very good and reasonable. And it will work right the first time.

Glides are fairly simple. You could just buy a kit and beg or borrow something to compress the clutch pack, and just do it. Some kits come with a video of what to do. Just go to Summit or Jeg's and check out what they have. One of the first things most do is put a TH400 input shaft in so you'll need on of them too. It's a stronger shaft and you can use a 400 converter.

BTW: Most old Motors manuals have complete instructions on rebuilding the Glide. Or, there are tons of books and articles:

http://www.amazon.com/Powerglide-Tra.../dp/1557883556

Al
Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al
I'm not smart enough to figure out where you are. If you're near Tucson haul it to Sharp's Automatic Transmission. It's in the book. He's very good and reasonable. And it will work right the first time.

Glides are fairly simple. You could just buy a kit and beg or borrow something to compress the clutch pack, and just do it. Some kits come with a video of what to do. Just go to Summit or Jeg's and check out what they have. One of the first things most do is put a TH400 input shaft in so you'll need on of them too. It's a stronger shaft and you can use a 400 converter.

BTW: Most old Motors manuals have complete instructions on rebuilding the Glide. Or, there are tons of books and articles:

http://www.amazon.com/Powerglide-Tra.../dp/1557883556

Al
ya im out here in northern california.. i have done a ton of research and thers just so many diffrent rebuild kits im lost...not trying to do a bm or tci tho seen bad results in friends cars...thanks
Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

are you wanting a stock build? we have glides ranging from 800 hp to 3000 hp that are very affordable. Go to our website and check them out.

Greg
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet