Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i think my tranny shifts weak!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question i think my tranny shifts weak!!!

ok i have a ls1 in my 07 toyota xrunner with a 4l60e. "the build thread is on here" anyway i had DOC at EFI Alchemy tune my truck. it put down 310hp and 317tq. but it seems to shift through the gears to fast! he tuned it and changed shift points and said he raised line pressure by 10% also it shifts to soft like a stock truck is the best i can describe it. the eng and trans is from a 2000 z28. i thought it should bark the tires going into second. or at least shift fast and pretty firm. i have 3.15 gears but that shouldnt change how firm and fast the trans shifts. do you guys have any advise or input? thanks
Old 05-13-2011, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

anyone.....anything?
Old 05-14-2011, 07:31 AM

Just took the time to read through you build thread. Very cool and thanks for sharing it. Now to answer your questions here. If the trans seems to be shifting early then that is in the tuning or the calibration of it. The trans is only going to shift when it is commanded to do so. So if the command is there from the computer its going to shift. Possible issues here is if the tire height or rear gear ratio is not entered correctly. TPS not reading correctly or even the VSS being off. These are all things I can think of off the top of my head that could cause the trans to shift early and might be some things for you to look at.

As far as the shift firmness some of the things I mentioned above might effect this however there are a couple of other things to point out here. One would be the torque converter stall speed. If you are running a high stall then you might not feel the shifts as much as you would think. If the trans is basically stock then this might have something to do with how hard the trans shifts as well. A shift kit would help here. Depending on how the tune is set up it could effect how hard the trans shifts as well. The amount of torque management and also the shift adapts might have something to do with it. I hope this helps you some. Vince