Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Shifting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E Shifting Issue

I have a 1994 camaro with only about 10,000 miles on the rebuilt engine and GM remanu 4L60E. Also has a 2200 stall.

The past few days I have noticed mainly if I get on the gas at all then the transmission from that point has issues shifting into 1st and 4th. I get on the highway to come to work at about 65mph and the tranny wont shift so the motor is running at 3k RPM. Then once I slow down it shifts down but then it will stop at 2nd so when I go to take off it takes more gas since it isn't in 1st.

The part I have not figured out is that if I pull over, put the car into park, turn off the car then restart it then it will shift just fine again.

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 07-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

when my transmission was going out for the 2nd time, mine was doing the exact same thing. when i stopped it would pull out in 2nd and wouldn go into 4th gear, therefor also not letting the converter lockup. the shop i took it to told me it was a 1st and 4th gear solenoid, but they are a bunch of crooks so idk if thats ttrue or not :/
Old 07-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Once I got home I checked the car for any codes and I pulled up the code 75 which is Transmission system voltage low.

I am doing some troubleshooting but not sure where this problem could be at. I checked the fuse, the pink wire from the fuse and it is in good shape with good voltage.

Any idea?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Teching In

I just wanted to update my post so that if anybody else has this issue they might know where to check.

My issue turned out to be my ignition switch. Replaced and all works great now.