On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to narrow down my 4L60e Issues

2000 LS1
4L60e
Np241 drivers drop
Howell PCM / Harness
-Speed Sensor in T-case

Supposed rebuilt trans was shifting and now wont shift out of 1st. Reverse still works. Hooked up my scanner (Diablo Predator) and its not throwing any codes, and the Mph are registering also which tells me the speed sensor should be functioning properly allowing it to shift? Looking for some suggestions, wondering if my trans cool lines are clogged, or the trans just wasnt rebuilt right..I was also told to check the Solenoids in the trans.

Wondering if I should buy the the trans manual and tackle the solenoids myself or if it would be better to just yank it and take it in.... I just wanted to rule out wire and sensor related issues myself at least..but sounds like its narrowed down to being something internal... im also thinking about selling this one, because its the "small" input shaft 4l60e, I want to go with the Large input shaft 4L and matching torque converter...i'm also considering buying a new one from performabuilt.

After 2 rebuilt transmissions from the same guy, neither ever shifted right..slow engaging reverse, and drive and real slow lagging shifts from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. its been so annoying and a let down
Old 11-18-2011, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it anything like my problems, up a few threads.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...e-problem.html