Sponsored by:

What do i all need????

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What do i all need????

I want to swap in a lq4 and 4l80e into my 2002 camaro, but I have some questions on the compatibility of the two.

I know the ls1 and truck engines have some sort of spacer and different flywheel/flex plate. If I have an lq4 will any 4l80e bolt up to it? I know when putting a 4l80e into an f-body people were getting custom torque converts, but since I have and engine out of a truck with that flex plate can I just get a truck torque converter and it will bolt up fine?

Also it looks like I need to try and get a 4l80e from 97 and newer as they are supposed to be stronger, and it will work (once I get wire harness adapter) with my stock wire harness and pcm once it is reprogrammed, correct? If I get a 4x4 4l80e what is involved in converting it to be used in f-body? Is it worth it or should I hold out for a 2wd?

Are all 4l80e’s from 97 and newer the same? Thus it doesn’t matter if I get one out of a pickup or a cargo van it should work properly? Is there a tail shaft I need to look out for? I saw where people had to get a different slip yoke but I wasn’t sure what they were talking about

Thanks for any help and advice I want to make sure on these issue before I purchase them.