Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e help never mess with automatic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e help never mess with automatic's

hey guys i just got a lq4 6.0l out of a 2004 truck an looking at getting a tranny for the swap. this will be going to a 55 2nd get chevy truck step side. i need to know what all i need to get for a easy swap. if there is a tranny cross member that is out there that will work an the stuff that u dont here about lol i know i need the stock wire harness an ecm for the tranny rite? cross member, bell housing, torque converter, speed-o gear?, new drive shaft.. anything eles thanks guys would one out of a 2wd truck work are would i need to remove stuff?

this site helped me on my other ls1 swap on my 69 camaro which is still in the works lol

Last edited by 69blackwhss; 02-13-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Lots of different ways to go about it.
If you are using a stock 2004 PCM it will work for control of the 4L80E with proper tuning and wiring. Otherwise it can be controlled using a standalone controller like the Optishift.

Crossmember will likely need to be fabbed but there may be something out there already made.

Speedo can be handled with a mechanical speedo tailhousing add-on, or by using an electronic speedometer if not using stock gauges.

Check out the website in my signature. We specialize in 4L80E's, having developed several exclusive parts.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
Lots of different ways to go about it.
If you are using a stock 2004 PCM it will work for control of the 4L80E with proper tuning and wiring. Otherwise it can be controlled using a standalone controller like the Optishift.

Crossmember will likely need to be fabbed but there may be something out there already made.

Speedo can be handled with a mechanical speedo tailhousing add-on, or by using an electronic speedometer if not using stock gauges.

Check out the website in my signature. We specialize in 4L80E's, having developed several exclusive parts.
hey jake thanks for the info, i was hoping to get one with the wiring an pcm that works the tranny so i can just put it in the truck an go lol. an i was thinking about going with new electronic gauges. i was looking at ur site befor i posted this! lol i dont have a tranny yet also so no core lol

could u tell me a total for a new tranny the will need to hold 415hp an 430tq max in a 55 chevy truck i dont know how much it weighs. the truck is just going to be a cruiser so really notting out of the world build.
but maybe one day use the truck to hail a trailer with a 69 camaro around to shows an one time on a dyno an one time on the drag strip to have numbers for my self u know how that is lol. need any info let me know an thanks jack!
thanks jason

Quick Reply: 4l80e help never mess with automatic's