Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats needed to put camaro 4l60e into vette?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Whats needed to put camaro 4l60e into vette?

What is needed to put a 4l60e from an obd2 camaro (not sure what year) and put in a 98 vette. So far I've swapped the bellhousing, taken off tailhousing and speedo gear, oil pan and only prob I've found so far is the shaft the gear shift linkage connects to is longer since the vette has the gear position sensor bolt to it and the camaro just has the linkage bolt to its shaft. How can I make the gear sensor work on the shorter shaft without taking apart the trans and swapping it out? I'm sure there's a fitting to make It extend with 2 flat sides on it for the sensor to work or something?
Thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the case is not the same as it has a bolt area to attach the rear end to the transmission and a seal on the output shaft, the input shaft/stator support are different also.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:52 AM
Launching!

So am I screwed with using this trans? I wont be able to make it work for the vette?
Thanks
Old 02-17-2012, 07:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you will have to use your corvette transmission. Like Yank said, the corvette case is completely different than the camaro case. If you need a rebuilt transmission we can build you one and ship it to you. Then all you have to do is swap them out and we will pick up your old unit.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Launching!

We had gotten a rebuild kit for the vette trans but since the camaro trans was all together we were going to put that in but can't now since it's different. Thanks to one of the guys at ECS in NJ he will be assembling/rebuilding the vette trans (way quicker then it would take me anyway) with the rebuild kit and car should be running very soon hopefully. Also offered to come to the house to pick up all the parts himself so can't beat that for service. We don't have the time/money to buy another trans or else we would have but thanks.

Quick Reply: Whats needed to put camaro 4l60e into vette?